Three women independently accuse Gordon Sondland of repeated acts of highly similar sexual misconduct

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/11/28/hotel-theodore.html

2 Likes

And this is the man whose word we are meant to believe when he besmirches the character of our fine upstanding president, whose only crime where the fairer sex is concerned is being too attractive? Good day, sir.

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR!

12 Likes

I’m on the fence here.

On one hand this is an example that the grand old american tradition of making your business buddies and donators into important diplomats isn’t just nepotism but a bad fucking idea.

On the other hand character assassination is another long standing american tradition to neutralize political opposition at home and abroad.

5 Likes

I guess great business men get charged alike.
There’s something about the Hotel business…:thinking:

2 Likes

Well, this isn’t like when a movie star ends up being a rapist and we say, “Never watching their movies again.” I don’t feel the need to say, “Better not impeach the president on that guy’s testimony.”

17 Likes

Not just that, but let’s say these charges are fabricated (purely hypothetical here). This gives them ammunition to hit the Democrats who say to believe Women. The last time a scenario came up like this, Al Franken resigned which was a significant blow to the Democratic party–Franken was very effective in holding Republicans accountable.

8 Likes

and he too will get away with it, the endless horror of this decade

don’t you miss the “good old days” of bush war crimes, torture being defended, gitmo (still open)

2 Likes

But she was only convicted of attempted being an associate of Democratic Congressman Earl Blumenauer, and is appealing her death sentence

3 Likes

So it turns out that Trump’s secret strategy was to appoint total scumbags to every possible position so that if they ever flipped on him their testimony can be dismissed as nothing more than the word of a scumbag.

30 Likes

“Only the best people”, just like it says on the tin.

8 Likes

“Sorry, that was a typo. I meant to say ‘Only the BEAST people.’”

8 Likes

well… and who else would want to be involved with him?

i mean look at the way sondland had to change his (sworn!) testimony. seemed as if he was initially trying to cover for trump and then, realizing his story wasn’t going to hold up, came out with the rest.

none of these folks are angels, and no way angels would want to work with them

10 Likes

The warmth of human touch, does he know it?
Does he know it is a thing?

Or compassion, is that a thing?

1 Like

Goddammit! I needed this guy’s moral depth to be more than ankle deep.

3 Likes

“So he’s like, ‘Well, I just thought we could have some fun, but you know, it’s cool.’”

Got’a little vomit in the back of my throat on that, yucky.

6 Likes

If only we could stop pretending we are living in a fairy tale world of heroes and villains. Where someone is expected to almost always do the right thing - or wrong thing.

Sondland is a rich misogynous asshole who used his money to buy influence and a position. But even he has some scruples when it comes to using a foreign power to investigate and smear political rivals.

4 Likes

Man, and I thought I was awkward with women. But I’ve never taken off my pants randomly and quip about “Maybe we could have some fun…”

I mean, in my experience, women who are in to you make it pretty clear.

4 Likes

“Such a dud.”

Being a sex creep is a hiring requirement in today’s Republican Party.

2 Likes