Three young brothers made a black widow spider bite them, hoped to become Spider-Man

Well sure, but what are the chances of getting bitten by a billionaire?

5 Likes

Well, I wouldn’t entirely rule it out…

7 Likes

Depends, I guess. Wasn’t a problem for Anastasia Steele.

Edit:

Come to think of it, if Christian Grey had been a radioactive billionaire, 50 Shades would have been a really different book.

4 Likes

In one of the newer cartoons there’s a whole city of Spiderpeople for a short time…also Doc Ock was their teacher /shrug

OK but I think that’s stretching the definition of “from.” Which isn’t to say that Earth-616 isn’t lucky to have him.

3 Likes

Okay…honest here. How many here born in the 60’s or so jumped off a roof or a tree with a open umbrella so you could do that Mary Poppins floating thing to the earth?

1 Like

You’re lucky it didn’t stop your heart, especially since it went through your torso! I’ve been hit with 120VAC several times and it isn’t a pleasant sensation. I was warned in no uncertain and rather profane terms about the dangers of 220 volts, but 480 volts is seriously scary.

4 Likes

Here we use 250V at 50Hz and I always keep one hand away from conductors when working with it. Its not too bad if you catch a bit of voltage between the fingers on one hand.

1 Like

But what about Spiders-Man?

4 Likes

Well that’s heebie-jeebie material right there.

ETA: Showed it to my wife. She is not a fan.

2 Likes

… Gray (Gy) A unit of absorbed radiation dose equal to 100 rad. Gray is a measure of deposition of energy in tissue…

1 Like

Bitten by a black widow? Did any of them turn into Scarlet Johansen?

7 Likes

When I was a kid, mom and sis loved spinach. I thought it was gross. Of course, it was frozen spinach which is kinda gross. Fresh spinach, on the other hand, is pretty wonderful. I’ve learned to like either canned or frozen spinach mainly because it is a great excuse to pile on some delicious balsamic vinegar.

2 Likes

Back before Steve Ditko released terror on the planet and beyond, spiders infested teenyboppers’ ratted-up hair. Them was the days. Radioactivity? Feh. AC Gilbert sold atomic energy labs to the parents of idle youths. I irradiated many worms and grubs. Did any of them gain super-powers? Not that I noticed.

1 Like

the logic is sound, can’t argue with that

If spiders can herd goats they have got to be cheaper than robodogs.

The side-effects of getting it wrong are bad too

4 Likes

2 Likes

Or just “Covered in Spiders, Man”

4 Likes

When I was about 10 there was a massive prairie thunderstorm while I was playing at the park. I thought it would be cool to get electrical superpowers to I went to the top of the hill behind the school.

Luckily for me I didn’t get struck. No superpowers though.

1 Like