Thunderdome for Democrats: Harris now leads Biden in California

just ask one question: who will not accept corporate donations for the campaign?
only one man will raise his hand. and i would vote for that man.

2 Likes

I don’t give a fuck about Biden. I just want him to flame out like he always does.

Yeah, and that Warren is just like Sanders only much better.

12 Likes

27 Likes

TBH, I hate Trump, but Harris or Biden will probably make me stay home on election day.

The Iowa caucus is a form of transferable vote, something that has proved useful for candidates like Carter and Obama.

3 Likes

This bullshit is why Donald John Trump is sitting in the Oval Office right now. “I hate Trump, but I’m okay if he wins if it punishes people who are insufficiently progressive for my personal taste.”

THERE IS LITERALLY NOTHING MORE PRESSING FOR THE FUTURE OF ANY AND ALL PROGRESSIVE PLANS THAN GETTING TRUMP OUT OF OFFICE. NOTHING. ZERO THINGS.

Let’s look at just a single issue. If Trump wins again in 2020, he will almost certainly put young Kavanaugh clones in seats currently occupied by Justices Breyer and Ginsburg. Justice Thomas, who is also probably on the verge of retirement, will be replaced with yet another young Kavanaugh. Also the handful of appellate court seats that Trump has not already plugged with FedSoc-approved judges will get them.

Good luck convincing a majority of Roberts, Alito, Gorsuch, Kavanaugh, Kavanaugh, Kavanaugh, and Kavanaugh that Medicare for All passes constitutional muster or that a wealth tax to pay for it comports with the Sixteenth Amendment.

Also, if you stay home on election day, you will ALSO not be voting for a Democratic senator, or a Democratic congressperson, or for Democrats in your local races.

Jesus fucking Christ. I don’t understand why the last two and a half years haven’t made this clear yet.

42 Likes

Sadly, both finished distantly behind Avocado Toast.

1 Like

That’s the same as saying you’re fine if Trump wins. That you think he’s no worse than Harris or Biden and you view them as equivalent. If you didn’t think they were exactly the same, you would vote for one over the other.

12 Likes

“Perfect” is the avowed enemy of good.

14 Likes

This is why we don’t give toddlers the vote.

15 Likes

I think she’s sincere. Not perfection, but she wouldn’t “bite us in the ass”. Of course, there’s no way of proving this either way. Her record hints at how she was, but I’m not seeing any of that in her current presentation. Trump, you could see his past in his present, there was never any doubt that he was wearing a mask to conceal his hideousness. Deluded Republicans kept saying he would “rise to the office” which was never going to happen, and we knew it going into the election. Whereas someone like Harris may very well outperform any of her past record, given the opportunity.

Edit: I think the Trump years have seriously skewed our perception of human nature. Most people will generally try to do the right thing, will try to help others. I still believe that, and refuse to let Trump’s existence purge it out of me. If that’s fatally naive, so be it.

7 Likes

So you’re fine with young children being rippped from their parents? And with teen aged girls not being accounted for while a man who is friends with a guy who ran a sex trafficing ring is in charge of what happens to those girsl? You are hunky dory with asylum seekers being kept in cages? All so we can make the Democratic Party meet YOUR “purity” standards? Because that is exactly what you are supporting if you don’t vote for whoever the Democratic nominee is. Peoples lives are at stake and you are saying Trump is less evil than Biden or Harris. That is unconsionable.

19 Likes

If he takes 2020, it’s all over. The Constitution will be so much toilet paper by the end of four years, and then he’ll take a third term, with extra cream.

5 Likes

Anybody up for a discussion of Harris’ slave-owning ancestor(s), or the disavowel of her by her father, or the “deals” she has made to get where she is today?

This bullshit is why Donald John Trump is sitting in the Oval Office right now

LOL. Keep beating that drum.

Cheating in the 2016 primary by Hillary, and her enormous FAIL as a candidate, are the two reasons accounting for about 95% of why we got King Moron.

2 Likes

Dish out the goods! Everybody has skeletons in their closet. I have a feeling 45 has an entire morgue buried in MaraLago, but that’s beside the point.

2 Likes

So you’re attacking her for who her ancestors were while simultaneously suggesting something is wrong with her because she doesn’t get along with her ancestors?

Pick a lane, man.

28 Likes

Thank you! I was just about to post that same thing to him.

7 Likes

I’m not in charge of picking lanes. King Moron will attack her mercilessly on the points I brought up, along with her well-known history of bedding the married Willie Smith to get “started” in politics.

Imagine the softball Harris throws Orange Orangutan: “Look at the Dem nominee! Her own ancestors owned slaves!”

Yeah, that’ll win the day.

1 Like

Fixed that for me. (A.k.a. I agree with the need in primaries, but also want it or some other not first-past-the-post voting system in the generals.)

4 Likes