Time capsule from 1969 opened and (drumroll) nothing was inside!

It turns out that forest canopies are complicated places.

3 Likes

“I was on a commune once. They traded me for a Donovan album”
-Rev Jim Ignitowski.

7 Likes

You fools! You let out all the ghosts!!!

7 Likes

There is one silver lining, they now have a safe that can be utilized for something else.

3 Likes

There isn’t a list of what was supposed to be inside because there isn’t suppose to BE a list of what was supposed to be inside. Time capsules are supposed to be a surprise when you open them. I was in charge of a time capsule 2 years ago, to be opened in 250 years, when some steps need replacing. Brownstone, they last a very long time. A lot of research went into what makes a good time capsule. Dessicant, no liquid, no newspapers (full of acid), and no list.

4 Likes

I think Rob got to this safe, its the only explanation.

5 Likes

Did no one notice the name of the town? Of course nothing was inside. Derry has this weird amnesia.

Yes, I am aware it’s Derry, New Jersey. But books have been known to get things wrong…

3 Likes

I believe Insomnia as well

3 Likes

Of course it’s empty. 1969 kept all the good stuff for itself.

2 Likes

“So what are we gonna put in it, man?”
“It’s a TIME capsule man. It’s just gonna be full of TIME.”
“Whoaaa.”

10 Likes

Derry? Fools, what have you released?!?!?!?

4 Likes
2 Likes

It’s all a blur, man! I was probably out of it half of the time, and woke up screaming. It was a really bad trip…for my parents, who had to feed me, clean me, and chase me around the house. :baby:

5 Likes

Up unto the moment they opened it, there was both something in it, and nothing in it.

5 Likes

9 Likes
2 Likes

In '76, our elementary school had one put in the cornerstone of the building. I asked about it a few years ago, and it appears they didn’t think about what to do after removing/opening it, so they’re citing reasons of compromising structural integrity. :smirk:

4 Likes

The Twilight series hadn’t been published yet, so there was no point in putting anything in.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.