Time traveler blames other time traveler for 9/11

Super Funk Pak Comix are bleeding into reality.

10 Likes

Ha, that was going to be my comment. :slight_smile: Priorities, I guess!

1 Like

well, i guess at least we know that the world survives until 2043, right?

4 Likes

Right! The one where Spock and Bones get stuck in a blizzard and are rescued by somebody previously exiled there: a snow monster voiced by John Ratzenberger.

It is possible I am confusing my pop culture references. Or that I’m from an alternatively timeline where Star Trek was made by Pixar.

4 Likes

7 Likes

He almost got me until he said “time-space”. Time-travelers know it is “spacetime”. This guy is clearly phony.

Other than that, seems legit.

8 Likes

Given the lack of concrete evidence and the existing way of thinking about hijackings, I’d say a warning wouldn’t do much good. You could try to assassinate the hijackers, but then Al Qaeda might just send another team later, that you’d be unprepared for. Either way, Bush probably would have invaded Iraq on some other pretext anyways.

But Gore won Florida. He couldn’t control wacky ballots that screwed up votes, nor the Supreme Court issuing a totally partisan ruling on the matter.

This is the problem with being a time traveler - even with those rare events that a single person could impact, no one will believe any foreknowledge you have as an unconnected individual (unless one makes oneself part of a large project/investigation to generate the same information through some other means). Even with that knowledge, in those situations, as a solo actor, the individual’s best chance to change things depends on acts of violence. History will tend to go certain ways because of a large number of factors, and most significant individuals rely on connections, specific skill-sets and fortuitous timing.

And all that leaves aside the issue of whether one would/could change history. I mean, if I could go back in time and stop the second world war, were that even possible for one person, I’d either cease to exist (because I’d be changing my own family history such that forebears wouldn’t have met) or I’d discover that it was impossible to alter the past.

Yeah. And at the same time, if Bush won but there had been no 9/11, he probably still would have invaded Iraq - he certainly would have tried, though I’m not sure if so many Democrats would have gone for it, without the pressure of 9/11 making them such gutless cowards. And if 9/11 had been averted, but not the Iraq war, something like 9/11 would have happened later, with all the same impacts.

5 Likes

September 10 would likely result in no one believing you. If you had time to impress upon the right people the ease in which a cockpit door could be breached by determined hijackers and having an airplane turned into a missile, maybe you could convince them that stronger doors and less cooperation with hijackers is proper policy.

1 Like

Oh, it’s that asshole again, and again, and again.

Hey John, try this: http://members.aon.at/nkehrer/ibm_5110/emu5110.html

9 Likes

Serious question here, for those that know more about this than I do:

A long time ago, people were clairvoyants and seers, whether by looking into a crystal ball, eye of newt in a pot, what have you… but they claimed to see into the future about something that WILL happen.

Today, the theme seems to be not the ability to see the future, but being FROM the future and relating an event that to them has already happened.

When did this change happen?

At some point in (known) history, someone claimed to be from the future and I’m wondering where science/fiction/beliefs was at that point.

I’m assuming they are bat-shit delusional and need to add some grain of established truth so their story can be believed, but overall claim some higher knowledge of time travel that cannot be divulged.

Also, be specific about dates… that would help. Can’t see someone coming from the future to warn us of an impending cataclysm but be vague about exactly when and how… unless their name is Bill or Ted.

4 Likes

Worse yet, if you’ve heard about it in the future, and decide to go back to change things, you already know how it turns out, because you left and did what you did, and look how it turned out. Better to stay here, or go into the future!

However, if you’re a time traveller and decide to become a woman, apparently that’s the end of some very tiny universes.

2 Likes

I see what you’re going to do there.

9 Likes

1 Like

Unless this guy has some winning lotto numbers, I just won’t pay attention.

4 Likes

Just don’t tell my grandfather.

4 Likes

Per wiki, this dude is base in Tampa, FL.

'Nuff said.

That’s how we say it in 2018, at least.

3 Likes

Therefore… invest in tin nnnoooooowww!

No, that’s what she is going to say, last time.

2 Likes

I forgot to say that all this time travel talk is making me tense.

7 Likes