To attract customers, Toronto hotel removes the TRUMP name

I am willing to bet his name will also come down in Vancouver within 3 years, but I am only willing to bet $1.

They should start a new chain called MR.TUP or something so they can reuse the letters.

a local place did this when I was a kid. STONE’S became SETON’S, overnight

well that’s a loony bet

There’s a sandwich place near me that opened as “Mr. Magoo’s”, with a cartoon of him on their sign. They must have gotten a call from a lawyer, because they became “Ma Magoos” overnight, and Mr. Magoo gained a polka-dot apron and dowdy old lady hair.

1 Like

This is primarily because I do not wish to profit from the Trump name.

But you’re also spot on - I do consider it worth a Loonie.

I also acknowledge my three-year prediction is arbitrary, and due to the economic forces behind the hotel, it may be premature.

The Holborn group has direct ties to Malaysian parent co TA Global Bhd, and this means the company [likely] has the resources to operate at a loss longer than a normal business.

Take a look on craigslist and you’ll find a steady stream of rentals in the Trump Tower, optimistically priced at thousands per month. It would seem there are a few takers. Vancouver has its fair share of empty houses, and by the looks of things, empty units in the Trump Tower as well.

:wink:

I also totally agree, good observations!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.