To see what Trump will do to America, look to his disastrous walled Scottish golf course

I bet a number of Wikipedia articles have a bump in hits lately, including this one:

7 Likes

If you google whoreson then you will find someone has conveniently recorded the pronunciation, just in case you need to hear it to be sure.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ve been looking at that:

Trump, Pence, Ryan, Hatch, Romney/Giuliani?, Mnuchin?, Mattis?, Sessions, Palin?..

Blech.

13 Likes

Henry IV, Part 1

Can you imagine translating Shakespeare into Trump? (I’m trying, but my brain went on strike.)

3 Likes

That list is full of cringe.

2 Likes

/thinks for a moment.

The succession list, and not the Shakespeare quotes, am I right?

1 Like

The succession list

2 Likes

Well, considering his many campaign managers, the cabinet posts will probably rotate as fast as Congress can approve them.

5 Likes

It’s that hideous Paul Ryan one that isn’t going to change for a few years.

2 Likes

From which we also get the great, “whoreson caterpillars! bacon-fed knaves!”

It’d be easy, but you’d lose too much to make it recognizable as Shakespeare. It would be all “To live or not, that’s, you know, the question, I guess: Do I put up with the losers and haters, or do I kick their asses, big league? Low energy, sad.”

7 Likes

Does this matter to the hordes of Trumplidites? Do they even notice that he is backing away from his campaign promises now? Do they know his proposed tax plan will actually raise taxes on a good portion of the middle class? They successfully ignored this kind of thing for a year during the campaign, who among us thinks reporting this will make one difference to them? Hey, the “liberal media” reported it, so just ignore it, propaganda, blah blah blah. . . .

I’m sure that even after 4 years of broken promises, a cabinet made of DC insiders, and policies that make things worse there will still be a lot of them that are OK with him, because, well. . . “at least it’s not that witch Hillary, my goodness she’s a murderous monster, you just can’t trust her.” etc.

8 Likes

Well, there’s this:

1 Like

This could have been reported before the election, and it wouldn’t have made any difference.

Just the liberal, lame-stream media reporting reality again.

4 Likes

But eventually we’ll get Jack Ryan!

2 Likes

Big successes, every one. The greatest!

It was, and it didn’t.

1 Like

Perhaps some Scottish nationals could chime in, but having been there three months ago as an American tourist we met numerous people. By far the #1 topic they wanted to know about was “what’s this business of Donald Trump being taken seriously for president?” #2 was something about the 2nd amendment and gun ownership. The people in Aberdeen were particularly sharp about the topic of Trump, since this golf course is in the area. They’re on hard times with the oil industry, as the low prices mean it’s not profitable to extract. Met several people with family working abroad in the US who are working the oil fields here instead. Job losses are exceeding 100,000 combined within the industry and indirectly. You’d think that they would have a vested interest in the tourism, but as this article illustrates, Trump is carpetbagging them. The best thing Trump could do for Aberdeen is to inadvertently double the price of a barrel of oil.

3 Likes

Who was the writer of ‘Ender’s Game’ again?

2 Likes

Shameless repost of this, but I’m fairly sure Meades’ mockery was about precisely this “development”:

The President of the United States of America.

3 Likes