Toastabags: make a near-perfect grilled cheese sandwich

Challenge! Accepted!

2 Likes

No way is that real cheese. I’m not saying “Photoshop” I’m saying “Cheezewiz”.

1 Like

It’s a much larger energy hog – including a huge spike when it’s turned on, so if your kitchen isn’t wired well, you’ll learn quickly which circuit breaker covers that outlet – and doesn’t do basic toast as well, especially not after the first 3-6 months or so.

1 Like

You still have that model? And it still works? Whoa.

I was thinking cheese slice, but that’s possible too. Both should be shunned. They also didn’t squish it, but that’s a personal preference.

I know there are advertising dollars involved and all, but come on. This thing does not work. People who publish this should be forced to try the product at least once and eat the results. And then replace their toasters.
There are any number of disaster stories from this item to be found. (Google “toastabag disaster”)
And I tried it myself when the company was sending out freebies. I have a toaster oven at home, so I used the regular toaster at work.
We no longer have a toaster at work.

1 Like

What went wrong?

I don’t use it daily, but haven’t had a problem (beyond sammich-size limitations).

1 Like

Uh, PTFE? You guys are aware this stuff emits toxic fumes when overheated right? It’s such a serious problem for bird owners (canary, coalmine, yada) that pretty much every parrot owner I know has banished Teflon from their house after some well-publicized tragic deaths of beloved parrots.

Not for me thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.