Toastabags: make a near-perfect grilled cheese sandwich

couldn’t disagree more… heated pop tarts are gross

1 Like

…Don’t tell me you eat those delicious abominations cold.

Fitting. For we can be reasonably certain that, like the Taj Mahal, these kitchens too are naught but stony tombs.

4 Likes

Kill the Heat-Tart Infidel! Throw him in the bath with his own acursed toaster!

2 Likes

Especially considering the actual Cool Tools book features some really… cool… tools.

For those who want to give Kevin money (which you probably should, since the book is awesome):

For those who want to look at cool tools but don’t have money/are tightareses:
http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/10582775/Cool_Tools__A_Catalog_of_Possibilities

It’s pretty much the ONLY thing I use the toaster for. You guys have amazing heat tarts that my slightly-less diabetic country can only dream of (or pay twice the price to get the fabled treats of your land). They sell only two flavours domestically and they only just brought those back this year :cry:

1 Like

In all seriousness, they’re “good” (for certain values of good) both cold and hot.

But screw toasters - I’m a toaster oven kinda guy.

2 Likes

well ya but jeeesm, a lot of us work for a living, if the the cafe is three blocks away that trip can pretty much kill the 1/2 hour we get. I got no problem with popping one of these in the toaster and enjoying a quiet lunch.

1 Like

So much better to have a hot peanut butter and strawberry jam.

2 Likes

Errrrm, to make toast? Putting the grill on is a right faff and takes ages to warm up compared to just popping a couple of slices in the toaster.

3 Likes

Butter the bread before putting it in the bag, and then you get a grilled cheese. My wife also uses spaghetti sauce and pepperoni slices with these to make pizza burgers. They work a wonder, and don’t leak.

3 Likes

The main problem with toaster ovens is that mine has 40 notches on the dial, and the difference between “not quite done toast” and “charred toast” is one notch. Every model I’ve been able to find is similar.

I have a toaster oven because nothing beats it for reheating a thick wedge of crumbly homemade cornbread, but I wish to god that designers would remember that “oven” is only half of its name.

2 Likes

Came here to say the same thing. This item is a small step on the way to making sure no one ever learns how to cook from scratch.

YES IT IS when you’ve two kids clammoring for your attention, and a 3-month-old spitting up and screaming on your shoulder. You don’t get a “grilled cheese sammich” you get “ITS BLACK I DON WANT IT IT WANT GRILLED CHEESE IM HUNGRY”

While I prefer pan-grilled, it’s just not always feasible, and these tostabags are pretty awesome, except the sandwiches are by necessity narrow enough to fit into a toaster slot. So sad.

I did NOT know they could be turned inside out for cleaning. Ooooooh!

You can make a grilled-cheese with olive oil instead of butter (and infused-oil is even better!) but still… mmmmm… butter!

1 Like

You’re not gonna get all “Food Babe” pseudo-science-y on us now, are you?

No butter required with a sandwich press either. They often double as waffle makers.

2 Likes

All toasters suck at making toast; uneven, timing no good, need to flip and basically watch the whole time.
If these bags have this great conductive element in them that amplify the heat and even it all out, can’t some toaster company just put that stuff in and actually make better toast?

1 Like

I’m waiting for ones that will burn the corporate logo of my choice (or the Jesus) into my delicious melted cheese sandwich.

1 Like
3 Likes

That is the sandwich press that I am looking for…

It would be nice if the grills flipped over to an Elvis pic for when I have a craving for fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches.

2 Likes