Today in "do not give this asshole your money": the Michael Cohen Truth Fund

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/08/23/today-in-do-not-give-this-as.html

4 Likes

Very good chance you won’t find a single willing donor here.

9 Likes

But you know what’s wonderful? Those fools and their money are already parted.

And Cohen has already confessed.

9 Likes

Say what you will about Trump, he’s certainly generating a lot of good old American Economic Activity! And, in the end, that’s what makes America Strong™

10 Likes

“AS hats”? :smile:

12 Likes

I heard on TV that the money doesn’t go to Cohen, it goes to Lanny Davis, who is representing him pro bono. As Davis appears to be representing him only with the understanding that Cohen will cooperate fully with everyone, this actually seems like a good investment for those who feel like contributing.

1 Like

Who exactly ARE these people who both hate Trump but love Cohen? Are they the same people who are willing to shell out money for Omarosa’s book?

3 Likes

Not original, but on another site I saw the suggestion of giving $2 under the name “Melania T.”

7 Likes

I think it falls into the category of “The enemy of my enemy is my friend”, I can understand that to some extent, & I’m glad someone finally found their bottom (even it is completely self-serving) but to paraphrase Vonnegut, he can “Go take a flying fck at a rolling donut, Go take a flying fck at the mooooooon”

3 Likes

I don’t see any reason why Cohen shouldn’t be able to pay his own damn legal fees. Davis’ interest is in protecting his client (by all accounts a horrible human being who has many millions of dollars), not in protecting the nation.

6 Likes

I’ve seen his wealth listed as 100 million. So even if it’s off by a couple orders of magnitude, he’s not really in the top, say, 100 million people with financial problems. Hopefully he’ll go to jail, just so he serves some time for helping Trump become who he is today.

7 Likes

Umm, those statements don’t go together.

saullcohen

2 Likes

My money is going here:

because:

11 Likes

To be fair, it looks like he is one of those rich people who have no money. Dude is in hella debt, owes the IRS, and is going to have the one job he invested in stripped (disbarred) when he gets out of prison.

Best case scenario is he comes out of this as a Manager of a Cinnabon in Omaha, Nebraska.

8 Likes

That is a touching story about how Cohen changed his mind after talking to his Holocaust-surviving father. It’s so touching, that I doubt it’s true.

1 Like

I guess it’s just an amazing coincidence that this conscience-awakening chat coincided with the Feds finding reams of incriminating evidence against Cohen from that office raid a few months back.

4 Likes

gofundme doesn’t discriminate towards any IPs. It’s people from the moon laughing their asses off at us.

1 Like

2 Likes

Is he Johnny the Shoeshine Guy?

The whole foundation of this is insane. “Needs help from the American people to tell the truth”? And money is the help? Specifically $500k? Blargh! Head won’t stop spinning!

I mean, if he were Tinker Bell and clapping would save his life, my hands would remain in my pockets. Money for the TRUTH?! I’m so pissed that I’m almost to the point of going out and slapping the shit out of anyone that looks like him.

I need to stop thinking about this for a minute.

1 Like