Today in transphobia (Part 1)

17 Likes

The teen, according to a federal lawsuit, said they “might be non-binary” and wanted to change their name ahead of the upcoming school year to one that fit a gender different from the one they were assigned at birth. The mother, January Littlejohn, and her husband said “no,” but allowed the then-13-year-old to use a “nickname” at middle school while the parents continued to use the teen’s birth name at home. Littlejohn also emailed the teen’s math teacher to stress her opposition to the child changing their name.
But on that September day in 2020, after Littlejohn picked her teen up from school, she was struck by an offhand comment the 13-year-old made: The teen said “it was funny” when school staffers asked what gender restroom they preferred to use in response to their new name.
This conversation proved to be a tipping point for the Littlejohns, who sued Leon County Schools in 2021 claiming that school officials helped their child transition to a different gender without informing them. The lawsuit was filed by the Child & Parental Rights Campaign, a public interest law firm that was founded in 2019, in its words, “to respond to a radical new ideology overtaking families.”
POLITICO is using “they/them” pronouns to refer to the teen so as to not reveal identifying information about them. The teen could not be reached for comment.

The teen could not be reached for comment because they live in an abusive household and needs to be taken the fuck out of that home.

14 Likes

That poor kid

11 Likes

So, this is more general queerphobia/bigotry than transphobia, but oh man does it have that in spades as well. Finally someone made a more or less comprehensive write-up in English on the Hungarian government and LGBTQ rights.

We’re holding parliamentary elections this Sunday (Orbán is most likely going to win again, damn it all to hell), along with a referendum about “protecting our children” from the LGBTQ agenda, including “promoting homosexuality and gender change to kindergarteners”. I hate these people so much.

12 Likes

11 Likes

Angry Ufc GIF

Also, it strikes me that using terms like “gender nonconforming” will sweep up all kinds of kids who are not trans or non-binary, too. It’s literally going to have to be enforced by putting all girls in pink, frilly dresses and all boys mini-suits… Only boys play sports, girls sit around with dolls. Any kids who fall outside of that get thrown into some sort of re-education camp…

The fuck is wrong with these people?

14 Likes

pronatalist white supremacy. It’s the conservative legal movement’s response to the declining U.S. birth rate through state-mandated enforcement of traditional gender roles, the “breadwinner” lauded for his contributions to the economy and the “caregiver” devalued for hers in the home.

“Bodily autonomy is a threat to it,” Branstetter said. Universal childcare and paid leave policies, in this context, are dangerous precisely because they encourage people to decide for themselves if, when, and how to have a family, rather than submit to a pronatalist binary.

14 Likes

De Pfeffel showing us exactly who he is yet again but if only it was just limited to him, it’s a rot through all parties.

11 Likes

Edit:
The original statement from Jamie Wallis.

10 Likes

Very brave! Especially in the current environment… I wish them all the best.

The various politicians rushing to support them who have been peddling transphobia can fuck right off, tho.

11 Likes
11 Likes

Before the announcement on Wednesday, UCI president David Lappartient told BBC Sport that the governing body “fully recognise” the rights of trans people to participate in sports.

A right so fully recognized they don’t let trans women compete.

However, he said he was a “little bit worried” about how the inclusion of trans athletes could “affect the fairness of competition” in women’s cycling events.

He said the current rules to measure testosterone levels are “probably not enough” and questioned if trans people may have an “advantage” as there may be a “memory from your body from what you were before”.

Nice job making random shit up. What was that about “fully recognizing” trans peoples rights again?

12 Likes

35 years ago, I was an All-American swimmer with <8% body fat. I assure you, my body has no memory of that whatsoever. Methinks this dude is talking out of his ass, and making up some bullshit, sciency sounding justification for being an asshole. As Beau put it, “submitting to peer pressure from dead bigots.”

17 Likes

It sounds like his body is remembering his earlier traumatic brain injury.

11 Likes

It really reminds me of some of the stupid shit GOPers say when defending anti-abortion bills with no exemptions for rape and incest. The whole “women have a way to shut that down” comment really comes to mind.

12 Likes

Yeah, I used to be a decent competetive swimmer, last time I gave it a go I thought I was going to die :smiley:

That is some homeopathic style BS though.

8 Likes
10 Likes

Spineless.

10 Likes

Nothing good will come of this.

Mtv Party GIF by GooWoo Media

13 Likes

It’s damned witch hunt.

Angry Lilo And Stitch GIF

13 Likes