Today in transphobia (Part 1)

Kirk said on his YouTube show yesterday he opposes transgender equality because “you do not get to determine your own reality.”

Vanessa Lachey Hawaii GIF by CBS

“So there’s a direct connection to inflation and the trans issue,” he continued. “You say, ‘Charlie, come on. They couldn’t be further apart.’ No, they’re exactly the same.”

“They’re the same in this aspect – when you believe that men can become women, why wouldn’t you also believe that you could print wealth? If you believe that someone can change their gender, why wouldn’t you also believe that money is wealth?”

“Now there are very simple laws of economics. Just like there’s laws of nature. There’s laws of physics, laws of thermodynamics, laws of biology.”

Kirk’s economic argument, such as it is, is that since trans people are finding happiness by living as their authentic selves, then others who see them doing that have decided to “print wealth” by increasing the money supply.

His argument doesn’t make much sense considering that economists generally believe that the current spike in inflation in the U.S. is due to supply chain issues and pent-up demand following the COVID-19 pandemic, not the supply of money by itself.

Moreover, he did not present any evidence that economic policy makers understand transgender people’s lives in the way he believes that they do or that that understanding is at all affecting their policy decisions.

14 Likes

So he’s now proven he knows as much about economics as he does about science, which is to say, absolutely nothing.

16 Likes

We’re that powerful. So maybe don’t fuck with us Chuck?

15 Likes

I’m astounded conservatives don’t have permanent whiplash from the way they constantly pivot from “Transgender people are a tiny minority so they don’t deserve attention” to “Transgender people pose a serious threat because there are so many of them!”

10 Likes

I was listening to an interview with a professor of philosophy just the other day who was describing the fundamental differences in the meaning of “impossible” or “you can’t” in such statements as “you can’t find an integer which squares to 2”, and “you can’t travel faster than light”, and “you can’t find a perfect cube of pure gold a mile on each side” and “you can’t roll through a red light”.

The interviewer was a conservative ex-politician, so naturally she was blindsided by the stunning revelation that sometimes words mean different things in different contexts, and that “impossible” is relative.

4 Likes

A report which first talks about a candidate for election who’s been pushing a TERF line, and then demolishes all the TERF arguments which call for transwomen to be basically banned from sport.

10 Likes
10 Likes
13 Likes

Sadly, it seems all too American these days.

11 Likes
12 Likes
13 Likes

Angry Weight Loss GIF by Bounce

12 Likes

I’m glad to see pols raising awareness and fighting against this legislation, but pissed off that MO legislators approved it:

15 Likes

Thread.

Fuckery intensifies

15 Likes
13 Likes

Alex Jones with Blaire White.

I don’t know where to put this…

11 Likes

Anywhere that shuts them both the fuck up.

16 Likes

White people?

Is she claiming a relationship between them there?

11 Likes
14 Likes

In the second person (and past tense)?

I suppose dissociation helps.

9 Likes