Today in transphobia (Part 1)

13 Likes

18 Likes

Fisher Wells, the 12-year-old field hockey player targeted by Kentucky’s ban on trans athletes, isn’t exactly a competitive threat. According to her own parents, she’s not a particularly gifted athlete. The Courier-Journal reports that her school’s fledgling team, which loses more games than it wins, needed her participation in order to have enough players.

Good job protecting women’s sports Kentucky. /s
Angry Computer GIF

15 Likes

The only transgender journalist at South Dakota Public Broadcasting has lost their job, after being told they are “not objective and have a problem with authority.”

Stel Kline wrote on Twitter Monday that they were terminated “despite being told there was nothing for me to improve on at a recent quarterly review.” Kline joined SDPB, based in Vermilion, in October as a reporter and the local host for the NPR program Morning Edition. SDPB is a statewide public broadcasting network, with radio, television, and online content.

Kline said they encountered a transphobic atmosphere at SDPB. “A half hour before beginning my first day of work I received a call informing me the head of communications directed the editor of the membership magazine to remove all instances of my pronouns from an article set to run announcing my hiring,” they wrote. Kline was told the use of they/them pronouns “would be a grammar issue for the older readers” and that management wanted the public to get to know Kline “so they would judge my stories and voice without being clouded by the fact that I am trans.”

15 Likes
13 Likes

Huh, the money went to the wrong person.

14 Likes

Britney Spears What GIF

The Office Yes GIF

13 Likes

15 Likes

Marc Maron Rage GIF by IFC

15 Likes

I hit bottom after reading that.

14 Likes

emergency hug GIF

13 Likes

Holy shit. This will serve as a model for other asshole red states to copy, just like the TX “interpretation” was. Wow, what a fucking mess we are devolving into!

15 Likes

Cookie Monster Love GIF by Sesame Street

12 Likes

Loading Hug GIF by MOODMAN

11 Likes

This story isn’t nearly as significant as what’s going on in Florida, but you may hear about it soon. The usual Murdoch sources are covering this after “Libs of TikTok” picked it up. They’re disgusting across the board, so I’m linking to the Wake Forest University student newspaper. Probably best not to read the comments there either, but they’re a little less toxic.

Really dumb decision by this young woman. I suspect this may injure her career quite a bit. But the meanness that some are reading into her actions is pretty bad.

NB I am a graduate of the Wake Forest University School of Medicine, and I generally have a high opinion of other graduates when it comes to patient care. This doesn’t change that a bit. Just makes me sad for her, because she likely had a promising career ahead of her.

9 Likes

“Social gender transition should not be a treatment […]”

They’re outlawing trans people.

Motherfuckers…

:cry:

17 Likes

It’s not good, but the fucking double standards really piss me off. How many WFUMS graduates have gone on to promote antivax theories? Have they had their degrees revoked or been reprimanded? They’ve certainly caused far more harm.

12 Likes

It’s a campaign of genocide against trans people.

Definition

Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide

Article II
In the present Convention, genocide means any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such:
a. Killing members of the group;
b. Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group;
c. Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part;
d. Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group;
e. Forcibly transferring children of the group to another group.

B, C and E are Republican policy regarding trans people and A is a side effect of their policy.

14 Likes

Perhaps we need a church, that might offer some protection. Seriously.

12 Likes

You’re right. Time for the trans community to become Satanists? They’re good at trolling the right.

14 Likes