Today in transphobia (Part 1)

Possibly.

j7DORF-tWbRenWjTSUp3kX4PhJTWVU1jdEE2EvV7XKc

ETA: It amuses me that this post was #2666

14 Likes

This article has a section debunking the “studies” cited in those guidelines.

11 Likes

Yeah - they always pick fraudulent studies. It takes a year or two to get that knocked down. It’s usually pretty obvious that the studies are shit and slanted - but it doesn’t matter because they get reinforced in the press & with the under bridge dwellers- then they start up again with other fraudulent studies.

It’s a mixture of Calvinball and Groundhog Day.

Cristin does great work! Marti chose very well when she retired from Transadvocate and gave her the keys to the car. Jesus - 12 years ago now?

13 Likes

comforting-hug-gif-12

11 Likes

Jarrin Jackson is running for the Oklahoma state senate. The far-right pastor advocates for a Christian nationalist theocracy and rails against “Godless commies” and LGBTQ people.

But his latest claim has people scratching their heads. Transgender women who have bottom surgery are “Islamicizing” their bodies.

“That father, I believe, is criminally responsible for manipulating and grooming his daughter,” Jackson said of the parent who posted on Reddit. “It’s his son, by the way. It’s not a daughter. That father was criminally negligent to his son because that father has not built his worldview on truth. The son is suicidal. The son is messed up physically, chemically, emotionally, relationally, truthfully.”

“It’s not ‘bottom surgery,’ it’s mutilation,” Jackson declared. “You’ve Islamicized your genitals. You’ve Islamicized yourself. Muslims do genital mutilation for women that have sex or commit adultery. That’s what Muslims do. You are Islamicizing your genitals.”

13 Likes

Islamicizing their bodies

Season 2 What GIF by Paramount+

15 Likes

I guess he’s planning to outlaw circumcision?

14 Likes

11 Likes

“If schools are allowed to teach gender identity, to elementary children then I, as an elementary educator should also have the freedom to teach them about how God was not confused when he designed them,” the educator explains. “I should be able to teach them about Jesus and how God created them a boy or a girl on purpose and for a purpose.”

12 Likes

So…when God creates trans folks, he’s not making a mistake.

told you so agree GIF by Bounce

19 Likes

Season 7 Ugh GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Also…

Shock No GIF by Leroy Patterson

13 Likes

Best Missi Pyle impersonation ever…

Missi Pyle Karen GIF by MOODMAN

14 Likes

Exactly. I have used that argument many times. It usually gets very confused looks and “No, that’s not what I meant!”

14 Likes

Thread

14 Likes

Wow. So, trans=DID, and since DID almost always follows sexual abuse, trans kids have all been abused. That’s a tautology I had not heard before. And, just BTW, this woman is an idiot.

14 Likes
13 Likes

I want to emphasize this:

This is part of the reason we cis allies need to show up too. The lawmakers pushing anti-trans bills will believe made up numbers; they’ll believe there are people who are “afraid to show up”. But showing up in real numbers can make a difference.

14 Likes

I think I know of the person mentioned. They’ve been online misrepresenting their own history for 30 some years. Was not a young transitioner. Then claimed to be intersex and was not. Duped some well known anti trans “researchers” as well. But they probably didn’t care about the facts.

14 Likes

Fuuuucccckkkkk!!! I hate that things are getting bad enough that a bill like this is needed.

On Tuesday, Sen. Scott Wiener (D-11) tweeted the language of his soon-to-be-introduced Senate Bill 107, writing that the prospective legislation is intended “to provide refuge in CA for trans kids & their families from states that are criminalizing them & [medical doctors] & threatening to remove trans children from their homes.”

13 Likes

I’m not a mistake, I’m

• Fabulous
  • A warning
  • Sick of this shit
  • All of the above

0 voters

12 Likes