Today in transphobia (Part 1)

15 Likes

Just a nitpick, but you can’t grow up to be Wolverine due to an adamantium graft, because being Wolverine is what helps you survive the adamantium graft.

Cecily Strong Season 44 GIF by Saturday Night Live

15 Likes

Dude was not a real wolverine fan at all. :woman_shrugging:

12 Likes

Omega-Class asshole.

12 Likes
14 Likes
12 Likes

Hartford Public Schools has been forced to increase security after administrators were threatened by far right religious activists upset that the high school had suspended a nurse.

The nurse has been accused of posting anti-LGBTQ content on Facebook and sharing personal information about an LGBTQ student, including their name.

“The nurse used a personal social media account; however, the manner in which the comments were shared, and the values they express are totally inconsistent with what we stand for. HPS does not tolerate any language that could be harmful to our community,” Superintendent Dr. Leslie Torres-Rodriguez said in the letter to parents.

12 Likes

Gotta wonder if this would qualfy as a HIPPA violation. That has some serious teeth to it.

12 Likes

A nice palate cleanser from PostSecret today:

16 Likes

ouranhshc-angry

14 Likes

One mother of a nonbinary 12-year-old (who uses they/them pronouns) told us that widespread bullying in an Austin-area public school put her child in crisis, ultimately resulting in their hospitalization for emergency mental health care. (The Chronicle agreed to keep the family’s identity anonymous.)

In one particularly harmful incident, her child’s teacher claimed, in front of the classroom, that the reason her child is transgender is because they were groomed by their queer parents. Their mother told us, “Once the directive hit I was terrified that the teacher would report us.” Abbott’s anti-trans “abuse” directive has also made the entire process of getting health care for her child fraught with risk. “It’s really scary having to disclose [their] gender identity,” she wrote. “Because we never know who is safe and who is a bigot.”

15 Likes

“We know what you’re supposed to be, and we’ll do whatever it takes to make you realize how wrong you are even if it kills you.”

WTaF?

14 Likes

Joanne is at it again

Former Fox News and NBC News personality Megyn Kelly says she has a lot of gay and lesbian friends and has been speaking with them about transgender issues. Kelly did not say she has any transgender friends nor did she say she has been speaking with any transgender people but says her lesbian and gay friends believe transgender people should not be part of the LGB community. Most LGBTQ people disagree.

14 Likes

Wow, just a whole shit ton of transphobia today.

Rep. Cheryl Helmer told a transgender college student she doesn’t appreciate sharing a restroom at the Statehouse with a “huge transgender female” and falsely claims transgender people are assaulting “wee little girls” in school restrooms.

“Now, personally I do not appreciate the huge transgender female who is now in our restrooms in the Capitol,” Helmer wrote. “It is quite uncomforting. I have asked the men if they would like a woman in their restroom and they freaked out. Just to make my point — I went into their restroom one day. They were all standing in a circle talking but they all in unison started screaming like girls ‘Cheryl – you’re in the men’s restroom!’ It was quite apparent by their bright red faces that they were extremely embarrassed that I had entered ‘their territory’.

“But now we have a very unfair situation. We as women have humans that are much larger, stronger, more adrenaline and testosterone and therefore possibly more dangerous and we have to share our restrooms. Not only that but our wee little girls in elementary and middle and high school are having to be exposed and many have been raped, sodomized and beaten in the restrooms by these supposedly transgenders who may or may not be for real.”

There is no evidence to support Helmer’s claims of sexual assaults.

15 Likes

As if we didn’t know who’s really harming children.

13 Likes

Also from the Kansas Republican article…

“No surgeon can cut, remove, wop, add to change the biology that is chemically occuring [sic] in each and every fiber, bone and molecule of every human being,” Helmer wrote in her email to Riffel. “A doctor can inject meds and dilute but cannot destroy what God has done in the perfection of the HUMAN BEING.

Cracking Up Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

I know she’d dismiss my dysphoria made up, but has she not even heard of cancer, or any of the thousands of other issues that plague the human body?

17 Likes

And - as always- if there is a god - she’s the one who made me trans.

17 Likes

Oh, Helmer’s a real gem back home for more reasons than being anti-LGBTQ+

11 Likes

Well, one more piece of transphobic news to end the day with.

11 Likes

You just can’t trust cisgender people in restrooms.

13 Likes