Today in transphobia (Part 1)

True.

Sadly, it’s just another day on TERF Island.

14 Likes
14 Likes

Sad Happy Tears GIF by Debby Ryan
For the parents

go fuck yourself middle finger GIF
For the “churches”

16 Likes
16 Likes

To expand on the transgender reading of Harry Potter, at the end Harry and his friends protected the Dursleys from violence despite all the shitty treatment they got from them over the years.

We should do the right thing not because Petunia deserves it, but because it is the right thing.

19 Likes

Please do keep up the good fight!

Please bear with me as I try to express some thoughts that I’ve been working out for a while. I am not trans; I’m about as classic a “cis male” as can be. To be honest, I don’t really understand what it must be like to be in a state that my mind can only describe as “mismatched”. I’m working on that, and will probably have to keep on working on it for a while to come.

But there are lots of things in this universe that I don’t “understand”, and I still believe that they exist. I know that trans people exist, and are real, and are suffering. I have former students who have transitioned, and current and former students who are in the process. I have seen the slights and attacks they have had to endure, and it angers me to the point where I have difficulty expressing myself. It’s not right.

I’m not a particularly demonstrative person outside of the classroom. What I am able to offer is support, and I try to call out ignorant and hateful behavior when I see it. Perhaps some day I’ll evolve to a point where I am able to take an active role in this fight.

What I have learned from you and others here is more helpful to my understanding of the issues you face than I can ever express. Please keep the faith, and know that you have the support of a lot of people like me.

I apologize for the rambling nature of this comment, and I thank you for staying with it to this point.

17 Likes
13 Likes

I wonder at what point such behavior becomes criminal enough to prosecute?

14 Likes
12 Likes

Every single voice in support matters. Every single one, because you never know who needs to hear it or when.
Knowing we are not alone matters, so thank you.
:pray:

16 Likes

It’s already criminal enough to prosecute.

When does it become so egregious and/or embarrassing to the Republican party that they allow justice to prevail in one or two token cases? Yeah, no clue!

12 Likes
17 Likes

Anyone surprised by this has been living under a rock. Trans elimination is only a part of the goal here. Controlling women and girls and limiting their options and opportunities is a larger one. Gotta get those girls out of sports so they have more time to think of the men and make more babies! :face_vomiting:

17 Likes

Nobody could have predicted.

Or predicted that the allegations and investigations will be heavily racist.

14 Likes

OFFS, I just had a “discussion” with a person who was “Outraged, outraged I tell you!!!” over the schools putting litter boxes in bathrooms for kids who identified as cats. This particular bit of transphobic nonsense has been running around right wing chats for at least a year, and I still hear folks who think it is real. To the point that several school systems have had to publicly address the “issue.” And they still won’t believe it. Who scoops the litter boxes? Don’t you think you would have heard from them by now? Consider the average human poo. In a litter box. Seriously? God, I try to keep my cool, but sometimes…

16 Likes

11 Likes

*thread

TERF’s getting even more openly fashy.

15 Likes

“undeclared trans-identifying offspring?”
WTAF is this shit??

Good Lord, I hate this timeline, especially as this shit is not just laughed out of existence.

15 Likes

Former Professor. Fired for transphobic bullshit and still hating people.

14 Likes

Word.

My kid isn’t trans, but so fucking what if she was?

Whose business it but hers, and why the fuck should it even matter?

Fucking wannabe-Nazi fasschole…

15 Likes