Today in transphobia (Part 1)

“It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it!”

13 Likes

Some new Potter film coming up he’d like a part in?

Just get a flustered horse in, it sounds the same and there’s no bullshit.

12 Likes

He does all the Potter audiobooks.

13 Likes

Contractually obligated transphobia, nice.

9 Likes

Right? If she believed that, she would not be bullying, alienating, and trying to shut out trans people? FFS… we have eyes and can see what she’s doing.

Surprised GIF by ION

13 Likes

I really wish things like that would be mentioned in the articles. It tells you far more than any of what they transcribed.

12 Likes

To be fair - it’s in the article.

Man it’s hard to free up posted content from mastodon. Or I just haven’t figured it out yet. I don’t have an account.

10 Likes

Wow, is Fry delusional about JKR! She absolutely and unapologetically wants to see trans people bullied, alienated, and shut out of society. And more. She has pursued that goal almost single-mindedly over the past several years.

13 Likes

Colin Jost Shrug GIF by Saturday Night Live

12 Likes

So I’ve been enjoying quite a bit of Jill Bearup’s content lately, her recent series of Fantasy Heroine shorts, where the heroine is accidentally a middle aged woman rather than a fragile waif, has been very entertaining.
It turns out she’s a terf. Goddammit!

6 Likes

Today is the Transgender Day of Remembrance. They’ll be ceremonies around the country to commemorate those lost to anti trans hate violence.

I hope everyone one of my folks will take some care for their safety today. There’s a lot of violence being fomented against us and they might possibly see this commemoration as a target. Or try to disrupt them.

18 Likes
11 Likes

Is there a word for when people try using technical terms in place of simple concepts to make them sound smart? Using Pythagoras’s theorem as a defense sounds really cool until you realize he was basically just saying “but officer, it’s longer to go around!” :roll_eyes:

13 Likes
12 Likes
13 Likes

There’s ladybrains and then there’s ladybrains I guess.

14 Likes
11 Likes
15 Likes

ETA:

AusPATH’s response:

https://archive.ph/t4v1V

18 Likes

A “phase.” They do know there is actually research on this, right? Hell, all they have to do is go to Wikipedia!

Gender dysphoria in children - Wikipedia.

If gender dysphoria persists during puberty, it is very likely permanent.[18][19][20] For children with gender dysphoria, the period between 10 and 13 years is crucial with regard to long-term gender identity.[20][21] Factors that are associated with gender dysphoria persisting through puberty include intensity of gender dysphoria, amount of cross-gendered behavior, and verbal identification with the desired/experienced gender (i.e. stating that they are a different gender rather than wish to be a different gender).[22][20]
Prospective studies have reported that gender dysphoria in children is more heavily linked to adult homosexuality than to an adult transgender identity, especially with regard to boys.[23][24][25] The studies state that the majority of children diagnosed with gender dysphoria did not desire to be the other sex by puberty, with most growing up to identify as gay, lesbian, or bisexual, with or without therapeutic intervention.[18][19][21][22][26]

15 Likes