Today in transphobia (Part 1)

Satisfying Lets Go GIF

14 Likes

For the first ten years of my life, most folks would mistake me for a girl at first impression. :man_shrugging:

12 Likes

15 Likes

15 Likes

How dare the (checks notes) Director of The Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging Task Force…do their job!?!

13 Likes

…nor did any university administrators publicly support my right to express my views in an environment free of harassment.

So they’ve learned to use the ‘woke’ terms to claim victimhood. Now they just need to explain why administrators where they work are required to publicly support their personal opinions when countered in public forums.

13 Likes
13 Likes

Maybe they could send him a participation trophy to show their support? It seems like he’s asking for a safe space to attack other people.

8 Likes

braveheart GIF

13 Likes

According to O’Conner’s Facebook post, the ADF’s strategy was to harass her so much that the board would have no choice but to censor or limit Gates’ ability to speak at meetings. This would ultimately give the ADF ammunition to file a lawsuit and claim that Gates was being censored and that his free speech was being attacked.

It’s concerning to think that as more trans and queer people earn positions in office — a record number of LGBTQ candidates won their midterm races last month in what was deemed a “rainbow wave” — hate groups are also getting more sophisticated in the ways they try to blot them out.

14 Likes

Doctor Who Reaction GIF

13 Likes

Folks can give cash to british transphobes over there now

13 Likes
14 Likes

Not 69, or 420… missed a beat.

7 Likes

What, did he miss all the lanthanide and actinide genders?

Two of the 118 possible genders

18 Likes
16 Likes

People make fun of American Girl, but they do seem to be quite thoughtful and respectful in these sorts of books that they sell. I assume it’s following in the legacy of this, for example:

13 Likes
17 Likes
18 Likes

I want to emphasize this because opponents of LGBT rights generally are framing the debate as “we’re protecting families”. And too much mainstream reporting, especially on transgender rights, goes along with it, ignoring the fact that transgender people have families, and sometimes those families are supportive.

In a story on NPR (I know) broadcast just this morning a performer talked about Texas legislation that would ban minors from drag shows, and she made the point that she has five siblings under the age of eighteen. The legislation would effectively ban her own family from seeing her perform.

12 Likes