Today in transphobia (Part 1)

Poor guy. Why is forcing gender on people A-OK, but not allowing people to make informed decisions with their medical team?

15 Likes

The University of Maryland Medical System purchased St Joseph’s.

The government can’t run a religious organization.

15 Likes
11 Likes
14 Likes

Jurassic Park Ian Malcom GIF

We knew this was coming, all while people who don’t give a shit called us alarmists about the fascists…

13 Likes

Now, we have seen our first policy that targets employers and mandates that they partake in similar practices. North Dakota’s SB2199 would mandate that all employers in the state who receive state funding as well as all schools, institutions, state agencies, and offices misgender transgender people at large - not just students but all transgender people. The bill mandates that “words used to reference an individual’s sex, gender, gender identity, or gender expression mean the individual’s determined sex at birth, male or female.” It also mandates that this be determined through the individual’s deoxyribonucleic acid, their DNA. Those who violate will be charged by the state a fee of $1,500.

14 Likes

I’m cis but I’ve never had my DNA tested for anything, so I guess for now I’m “it/its” to North Dakota.
How hard is it to just…not be fascist like this, to people who have never hurt anyone. :disappointed:

16 Likes

Free speech!!!

15 Likes

Butbutbut Freeze Peach!!! This is the party of Freeze Peach!!!

(Nah, as usual, rights are for me, none for thee is the rallying cry of bigots everywhere.)

11 Likes

My DNA doesn’t match what I was assigned at birth. What are they going to do with people like me?

They did go back and change all of the vital records that they could, and sealed the originals, but there are still legal documents showing what I was first assigned.

Meanwhile, I’ve given birth, so calling myself a woman really isn’t much of a stretch.

I really do wonder if I should get all my documentation in a row and go somewhere with the ACLU backing me to challenge this nonsense. But then I realize that they’d make my life a living hell, and possibly even kill me.

18 Likes

These assholes enrage me, because they just don’t know what the fuck they are talking about when it comes to gender.

A god damn book written in antiquity is not a proper stand in for scientific understanding of something as complicated as gender, biology, sex, DNA, etc, etc…

Angry Ferris Buellers Day Off GIF

16 Likes

A bunch of idiots were protesting against the Gender Reform bill outside the Parliament building today, only to be drowned out by counter protesters singing and dancing.

I put it in this thread because it does feature some of the negative stuff.

9 Likes
13 Likes

Unless they’ve defined “sexual identity” and “gender identity” somewhat more carefully somewhere else, they’re trying to outlaw all depictions of anything with an identifiable sex or gender.

They’re trying to outlaw Ms Pacman.

14 Likes

Lets start with the bible.

16 Likes

A Twitter user by the name of Sara posted a picture of two toilet doors in the British Library on Wednesday (11 January) accompanied by an emoji of a woman facepalming.

Both doors feature gender symbols, with one featuring the male symbol and the other featuring the male, female, disabled and trans symbols.

In actuality, the door that the user seemingly took issue with is a single-cubicle disabled toilet, which is available for everyone.

Pictured between the two doors is a sign which clarifies that the female toilets are on the other side of the building.

emphasis mine

Can’t let reality get in the way of fighting wokeness. /s

Happy Hour Drinking GIF by Saturday Night Live

16 Likes
14 Likes
15 Likes

Trans people causing the breakup of the UK was not on my bingo card.

I look forward to obtaining Scottish citizenship via descent in the future. I decided against applying for UK given the state of hate there for us.

19 Likes

It seems entirely possible right now!

15 Likes