Today in transphobia (Part 1)

I christen you Terf Peninsula?

13 Likes

princess merida laughing GIF

12 Likes

Pathetic. Their obsessive culture wars really will break this country apart and the BBC still can’t help themselves by calling it controversial - sure, controversial to transphobes. All i’ve heard today on the BBC are people given airtime to spout more ridiculous transphobic arguments about toilets and safe spaces and a man suddenly identifying as a woman and raiding a women’s refuge! Yet we have a serial rapist police officer being found guilty and 1000 sexual abuse claims being investigated in the Met, so tell me again how trans people are the problem.

15 Likes

“If they actually go through with their threat to either block the bill from receiving royal assent or block the implementation of it … I think that signals that this becomes about something much more than the issue of self-declaration — this becomes a constitutional crisis, I think,” Chapman told PinkNews*.*

—-
Jayne Ozanne, a former equalities advisor to the Tory government:

“I believe it is the beginning of the end for the United Kingdom, and few will forgive him for it.”

16 Likes

Oh, how the mighty have are falling.

13 Likes
13 Likes

I think I would have to relocate if I were practicing there. I could not betray my patients, but also could not subject my family to having me essentially unemployable. I hate even thinking about being in that position.

15 Likes
16 Likes
14 Likes

15 Likes

Asian American History GIF by PBS Digital Studios

14 Likes
13 Likes
12 Likes

TO: Governor DeSantis and his Office of Policy and Budget, and its Education Unit
SUBJECT: Demand for information about Gender Dysphoria Services

It is the legal, moral, ethical, and human duty of those with a duty of care to protect those under that care to the full extents of their powers.

To that end, here enclosed is our full response to your demands for personal medical information of vulnerable people.

No. It’s none of your business.

Yours, etc.

14 Likes

It never fucking stops

Sad Pauly D GIF by A Double Shot At Love With DJ Pauly D and Vinny

as I was typing this reply…

16 Likes

12 Likes
9 Likes

13 Likes

Shockingly, finding out that the people in power think you should not exist causes emotional distress. I fear this will convince some of the fascists that they are doing it right, though.

16 Likes

Yeah, even though the vast majority of these bills are targeting trans youth, I’m experiencing emotional distress. The kids targeted by these bills must be going through hell.

15 Likes