Today in transphobia (Part 1)

Well… that’s some bullshit isn’t… It isn’t causing “distress” to society. Some people are using it to cause distress to society by punching down at a vulnerable group of people in order to enhance their own power… big fucking difference.

16 Likes

Neil Gaiman understood it back in 92’s Sandman.

19 Likes

I’m looking forward to that arc, to see what they update!

10 Likes

It isn’t; Sir Terry Pratchett managed just fine.

16 Likes
13 Likes

“What has interested me in recent years, particularly on social media [is when fans say], ‘You’ve ruined your legacy. Oh, you could have been beloved forever, but you chose to say this.’ And I think: ‘You could not have misunderstood me more profoundly.’”

foot gun stock photo

17 Likes

It’s odd that’s she’s choosing bigotry and hate as her legacy; but one assumes that she knows herself.

17 Likes
16 Likes

:thinking:

23 Likes

spit take GIF

16 Likes
16 Likes

So here’s this writer, a professional communicator, who is blaming her audience for misunderstanding her.

Humor Boomer GIF

16 Likes

Which brings up the question of whether the authors intent should matter to the reader- or should their own interpretation matter?

14 Likes

She could have been clearer about her bigotry earlier, people are still buying her shit…

16 Likes
16 Likes
16 Likes

The TERs are freaked out by the murder.

For years they have belittled us for feeling threatened by them, claiming that cis women don’t do violence and trans women are stronger than they are. Now a 15 year old girl has just killed one of us. They know they are in trouble, and we should not let them off.

18 Likes

Lauren Conrad Yes GIF by The Hills

10 Likes

There have been several of those murders. This one stuck in my memory.

At the time a fairly famous lesbian journalist wrote about this as stigmatizing lesbians as the couple were lesbian. She joked “is that a humerus in your pocket or are you just happy to see me.”

The person being murdered and dismembered was just a joke to her.

15 Likes

The shadow side of intersectionality.

9 Likes