Today in transphobia (Part 1)

FYI - PA passed an LGBT hate crimes bill in 2002. It was overturned in the courts due to a procedural issue on how the law was passed. The legislature has been more Republican since then and the Res more conservative- s bigot in a safe seat from western PA was put in charge of the committee where this would originate in the House.

12 Likes

Stonewall were very insistent that they were an LGB group for a very long time (with poor support of the B). They only changed that 10-15 years ago.

10 Likes

Just like the Human Rights Campaign here.

10 Likes

The only good trans woman is a a nonexistent one.

10 Likes

I most respectfully disagree :wink:

11 Likes

But theyā€™re very well organized and working hand in glove with very well funded conservative orgs.

13 Likes

JFC, pig estrogen!?!?! I just canā€™t even with that level of stupidity.

11 Likes

Theyā€™re just riffing on where Premarin was originally derived from way back when PREgnate MAres urINE. Though it obviously is prescribed to magnitude of orders more cis than trans people whatever its provenance.

Archeologists have speculated that it was what Herodotus was referring to when he warned to not drink the Scythians brew - a people with a huge trans culture. Itā€™s easily processed out by albumin- egg whites.

Trans preppers take note. :crazy_face:

11 Likes

I have to admit that I thought that Tom Stoppard was Tom Shakespeare, and I was disappointed that someone who I had a lot of respect for supported transphobia.

Thankfully it looks like he hasnā€™t said anything about JKR (going by a quick search of the internet).

6 Likes

ā€œThis same situation had happened with me before with my friends with a boy who just hit us all for absolutely no reason.ā€œ

ā€œI feel just so fragile at the moment and the amount of support I have received from my friends has been amazing without you and my boyfriend, I honestly donā€™t think I would still be here today.ā€œ

11 Likes
15 Likes

I recognized the name Tom Stoppard: Travesties, Shakespeare in Love, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead.

11 Likes

Holy shit! WTF is wrong with people!

11 Likes

ā€œPolice officer Manuel Cruz told The Associated Press that the victim had apparently worked as a bartender and was studying nursing and was shot several times in the head.ā€œ

Doing everything right and positive even when society puts up so many roadblocks - doesnā€™t mean a damn thing.

13 Likes

tenor-2

12 Likes

Speaking of Scythians.

4 Likes

Like all those diabetics shooting themselves up with pig insulin. Itā€™s the miracle of mental compartmentalization where you can take a thing that everyone knows (many drugs were originally or still are derived from animals) and turn it into a slur against a specific group that uses a drug because you hate that group.

9 Likes

Ugh, so I ran across a video on youtube about how Lou Reed was the first ā€œrock starā€ to ā€œsell-outā€ and I watched it, since I knew about him being in an advertisement for Honda back in the 80sā€¦ I wonā€™t link to it here (the channel is called Rock and Roll True Stories, if you really want to see it - do not recommend, tho). First, it was bad rock history - like chock full of inaccuracies (like Reed being the first ā€œrock starā€ to license his music for commercial purposes, the first to make the ā€œcountercultureā€ of rock commercial, etc). But the reason why I wonā€™t link to it here (and why Iā€™m posting it here) is that the guy insults and misgenders Rachel, Reedā€™s partner back in the mid 70sā€¦ Instead Iā€™ll post the Honda Commercial:

and one of the songs Rachel inspired:

8 Likes

Even though I knew the song well, I had no idea what Lou Reed looked like, and on first seeing the commercial I still somehow didnā€™t figure out that that was the singer.

5 Likes