Today in transphobia (Part 1)

Really? Weird! Here is Lou and Rachel, who as you can see was so lovely and he kind of was a jerk to her at the end of their relationship:

And Lou and Laurie Anderson (his wife when he died) - Laurie isn’t trans but she’s kind of into gender-bending with her personas:

And here is one of my favorite all time songs that he wrote, about Candy Darling, one of Andy Warhol’s superstars, who was also a transwoman:

You probably know it, but I just wanted an excuse to post it!

9 Likes

Well, I said “had”. I was quite young at the time, but listened to my local classic rock station a lot, so I had heard just the one LR song plenty, but may not have even caught his name.

4 Likes

OH! You meant at the time! Sorry! I’m not so smart sometimes… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

But here is Candy Darling:

6 Likes
10 Likes

Ugh. Assholes.

14 Likes

I’m very tempted to crosspost this to misogyny, as it is an attack on Gillick competence. If teenagers can’t consent to hormone blockers then the door is wide open to say that they can’t consent to contraceptives or abortion.

16 Likes

Thread. Unfortunately.

13 Likes
9 Likes
10 Likes

We were both founders of the National Transgender Advocacy Coalition back in the 90’s - she was living in Louisville then. Haven’t seen her in 10 years or so.

14 Likes

Have I told you recently how awesome you are?
Because I should.
You’re awesome and I’m better for knowing you.

13 Likes
10 Likes

Damn lot of snowflakes for this early in the season,

13 Likes

If he gets too cold might I suggest he go fuck himself to keep warm?

14 Likes

Graham Linehan says that he won’t work with Channel 4 again until they “reinstate” a transphobic episode of The IT Crowd.

What exactly has glinner done over the last five years that deserves to be on any channel? Being a TER seems to be his full time job now, he doesn’t have time to write comedy anymore.

17 Likes

And nothing of value was lost gif

11 Likes

Well, not if you learn German.

1 Like

“ “This might be the first time that the older generation has felt that they have to tiptoe around the younger generation and turn everything off,” he said.”

Dude - I’m trans & older than you.

17 Likes

15 Likes

Who the unhappy fuck is Tricia Frasman, besides an ignorant bigot, obviously?

9 Likes