Today in transphobia (Part 2)

This is also extremely difficult to even read but a State Senator from Oklahoma, while not specifically addressing Benedict’s death, responded to a question about why he and other lawmakers are so focused on LGBTQI people by saying, “We are a religious state and we are going to fight it to keep that filth out of the state of Oklahoma because we are a Christian state—we are a moral state…"

I don’t think anyone can call themselves “moral” when they’re advocating violence but that’s just me.

10 Likes

As a Christian myself, I believe Tom Woods is a hateful bastard and bigot, who makes mockery of all that Jesus Christ taught, lived and died for. He and the people like him are the filth that stains Oklahoma, not the queer people!

10 Likes

Oh My God What GIF by Robert E Blackmon

So uncivil! /s

Spot On Doctor Who GIF by BBC America

9 Likes

There have always been LGBTQ folk in Oklahoma. I know because I was one of them. I was living in Oklahoma City when I transitioned. OKC had, and probably still has, a thriving queer community. Hell, it’s been home to the “Southwest’s Largest Gay Resort” since the 1980s. The Habana Inn, today known as the District Hotel, was my safe space when I was coming out in the mid 2000s. So Tom Woods can get bent. The queer community there is older than he is.

12 Likes

I’d like to ask Woods why he thinks others need to leave when he’s the one with the problem.

8 Likes

I haven’t watched the video. And might not.

9 Likes

Yeah, I’m avoiding that interview. I do enough digital self harm to know that is a terrible idea for me.

11 Likes
11 Likes

There are so many things wrong with this story. She is clearly a believer in ROGD, she is 53 years old, and is, of course, full of shit. At 53, if she came in and said she wanted to transition, who is there to tell her no? 53 is a grown ass adult, who should be able to make decisions about her body. I won’t go over all the ways ROGD is wrong yet again, suffice to say there is no there, there. And thi bears all the hallmarks of a Project Veritas “sting,” right down to “they let me make my own decisions. Can you imagine?” The bullshit stench is intense.

11 Likes

Gee, if you lie to doctors about what you’re experiencing, they’ll treat what you’re telling them you have? Preposterous!

9 Likes

joanna lumley rage GIF

7 Likes

Similarly, if you lied to your doctors about pain, depression, trauma or anxiety, you can also get unnecessary medication. If you lied enough about pain, you might even get an unnecessary surgery. Therefore, medicine is illegitimate and we should shut down all doctors offices and hospitals.
/s

8 Likes

I’m pretty sure if I show up to the ER and lie to them that I’m feeling chest pain, I would get a heart cath! The scandal! /s

7 Likes

If it’s really just social pressure- they would have started identifying as trans.

7 Likes

:cry:

11 Likes

Trans women are women, if you’re a dude who likes us, you’re straight. I wish people saw that. But the number of guys who have messaged me like ‘I’m bi so it’s ok to like you’. Just ugh. Of course they have to skip over the whole ‘I’m a lesbian’ thing in my bio to think they have a shot.

Glad they saw this was a hate crime, though. So many hate crimes are glossed over as anything but, so I hope this is a sign things are changing.

11 Likes

Truth Facts GIF by Retro Future E-Girl

10 Likes
9 Likes

“Fail to report…” Damn, we are really into Stazi territory here, aren’t we? Holy shit, why doesn’t he just start waving Nazi flags around? (Wait, i guess he already does, if we accept the Confederate battle flag is the modern equivalent. )

12 Likes
12 Likes