Today in transphobia (Part 2)

I started watching her TikToks last year. I wish more people were aware of this data. Thanks for sharing.

8 Likes

IMG_3120

11 Likes

Link

10 Likes

Lie down with Nazis - wake up with Holocaust denial.

10 Likes

I’m part way through watching Jessie Gender’s newest video, about an anti-trans film and the cult that made it:

So far, so enlightening?

3 Likes

This turned up in my music playlist

35 years and we are fighting the same fucking battles all over again.

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

(The lyrics say clause 29, because the bill went through several revisions before the single was pressed. The cover and song title use the final name of the clause, but the lyrics were already recorded)

8 Likes

It’s good to see people willing to gum up the works to get this trash legislation squashed. We need MUCH more of this, both there in the UK and here in the US…

11 Likes

About 20 years ago it seemed like there were a lot of queer British xennials who had pet ferrets.

I love the idea of them as a symbol of trans resistance. Intelligent, inquisitive, usually friendly, but if you fuck around they will sink their teeth in and never let go

ETA: Apparently ferrets are treated like shit in the Harry Potter films (not IRL, just in the stories). Thats another reason to adopt them.

10 Likes

Indeed! I like that too… Also, Beastmaster!!! Kodo and Podo!!!

beastmaster-ferrets

8 Likes

I fully endorse the idea of making ferrets the official animal symbol of trans resistance. How do we make this happen?

9 Likes

Petitions and meme campaigns?

8 Likes

I love this idea too and aside from the already mentioned Kodo and Podo I was reminded of this. Munro had to keep his sexuality secret which is why I think there’s a strong recurring theme of resistance in his work.

7 Likes
10 Likes

“Female” teams with transgender athletes will be outright denied permits, while the ban does not apply to “male” teams with transgender athletes.

That is clearly impermissible discrimination based on sex, even without considering the trans part of the equation. They’ve created a rule that applies differently to men’s teams and women’s teams without any significant government interest served by doing so. Also, these are private adult sports leagues. There’s no governmental interest at all served by this rule. The league should be free to establish whatever participation rules it wants, as long as they don’t discriminate based on the big things like race, religion, or national origin. Even there, if it were a church affiliated sports league, they could discriminate based on religion. It’s really not any of the county’s concern.

11 Likes
10 Likes

As I’ve said before, I don’t understand why liberals and centrists so readily accept the talking points of the conservative right. This is just another example.

12 Likes

Yeah, you see this all the time, that the far right is getting to dictate the terms on which we hash our politics out. It’s enraging. especially when it comes to something so essential, like people’s bodily autonomy and their ability to make choices for themselves.

12 Likes
14 Likes

For a corporation, Planet Fitness has been a refreshingly consistent ally.

14 Likes
11 Likes