Today in transphobia (Part 2)

Fox signed off her message by telling Starbuck that he “fucked with the wrong witch.”

Good For You Yes GIF by CBS

7 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

Despite having no connection to the school whatsoever.

1 Like

Conservative Jamie Wallis, the first out trans MP in Westminster, left the chamber during the debate and did not return. The following day, he told PinkNews that he was “shocked and saddened” by the tone of the discussions.

“It is important to have an open discussion on this topic,” he said. “However, this morning, I find myself genuinely baffled as to how Members of Parliament could say out loud that they wish to have a respectful debate, then to go on and induce it to deteriorate in such a manner.”

1 Like

A bit lengthier article:

1 Like
1 Like

Which is why it’s such a disappointment for trans writers and editors everywhere to see today’s updated style tip from the AP Stylebook Twitter account. The tip quite plainly encourages writers to avoid the term “TERF” or “trans-exclusionary radical feminist,” calling the acronym both “vague” and “politicized.”

2 Likes

So a boutique neighborhood community near Montgomery publishes its own “neighborhood magazine.” Each issue highlights a local family, and prattles on about how wonderful their community is. The neighborhood/community was founded largely so that middle- and upper-sorts could have well-funded public schools without the corruption endemic to Montgomery public schools. So, they tax themselves, run their own thing, and are generally harmless. Demographically it’s about 60% white, 30% Black, while Alabama as a whole is 67% White, 27% Black.

Anyway, their neighborhood magazine is generally-harmless navel-gazing pablum, meant to reinforce how wonderful their community is. It’s supported by advertisements for local businesses.

The latest issue showed a married gay male couple and their children on the cover. And all hell has broken loose. Every advertiser got letters with vague threats reminding them “what’s happened to Bud Light and Target” and demanding that the advertisers make public contrition for their ad appearing in the magazine. Neighborhood discussion boards are full of the usual hatred, and now the family is being targeted with threats. They’ve lived there, in peace, openly, for four years with no trouble. They’re integrated into the neighborhood, have friends there, and participate in community things. They are out and their immediate neighbors know it. A small group of fuckheads is stirring the community up, and now people are trying to drive them out.

This timeline absolutely sucks.

1 Like

I’m fine with calling them bigots.

9 Likes

It really bothers me that Vanderbilt hospital is not only caving but doing so even before it has to, abandoning trans patients.

4 Likes

Rubbing It In Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

9 Likes

Pirates Of The Caribbean Code GIF by Brian Benns

Fuck “rules”. :fu:

7 Likes

I guess everyone could follow the rules and drop the F, though, since the most unclear part is how on earth they can claim to be feminists. (For me it always really stood for fascists.)

8 Likes

They aren’t radical either.

TER = Transgender Eliminationist Reactionary

14 Likes
3 Likes

Doesn’t the US have laws about foreign nationals supporting terrorist organizations? Maybe the FBI should look into JKR’s financials to see if she’s given the terrorists money. It would be lively to see her on the terrorist watch list/no fly list/have US funds seized.

12 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

I am really only surprised that it was not already banned. Rooty Pooty must have been distracted or something.

10 Likes