Today in transphobia (Part 2)

It’s time for ILGA’s Rainbow Map again, and TERF Island is on the wrong side of an emerging dividing line.

The 11 year history is depressing to look at. We were one of the best countries to be queer 10 years ago. I don’t think it is a coincidence that the big decline started when the UK left the EU in 2020.

10 Likes

Where are the best locations for trans people? Legally and socially.

I remember your thinking highly of Malta.

5 Likes

Canada is pretty good, but there is rising right wing sentiment here, too. I hope we can avoid most of it.

9 Likes

They have scores by category this time.

Iceland looks like it is the best place for trans people, followed by Malta, Luxembourg, Norway, Switzerland, Denmark, Spain, Belgium, Portugal, Ireland and Finland. France, Germany and Greece aren’t as good but look to be safe too.

The UK is behind Belarus.

:sob:

9 Likes

I don’t know how reliable this is, but I found a worldwide ranking specifically for trans rights. Good news for UK residents. You’re still well ahead of the US. sigh

9 Likes

Thanks.

They both have a lot of English speakers. But Malta has a warmer climate and looks much more affordable.

8 Likes

Canada would be great. But they don’t seem to want people my age.

7 Likes

Yeah, we’re apparently not great if you don’t have an in. My wife has had no problem immigrating from the UK since we got married (though we’re still waiting for her permanent residence), but our girlfriend got denied a work permit and will have to go back home when her visitor visa expires :frowning:

8 Likes

I have a pension and social insecurity. And, if I decided to work again - was a national leader in my field.

10 Likes

I’m guessing the field wasn’t awesome commenting on the internet, but you are an international leader there IMHO.

10 Likes
10 Likes
11 Likes
8 Likes

“No one is ‘born in the wrong body’ and it’s horrific to tell anyone that they need genital mutilation surgery or sterilizing drugs,” he said. “People who push gender ideology, actively or passively, are awful and should be confronted every single time.”

Ok. Then I will do the same. He is objectively awful. If I ever have the misfortune of meeting him, I am going to tell him to go fuck himself.

10 Likes

And he has a girl’s hairdo.

9 Likes

I did notice that.

8 Likes

He sounds delightful. Sadly, this is a pretty common attitude in WV right now. Seems they have decided the modern world is too hard for them, and they want to go back to a simpler time that never actually existed. It’s very sad.

9 Likes

And enraging…

8 Likes
10 Likes
10 Likes