Today in transphobia (Part 2)

I mean, transness is endemic in Scottish schools, just like it is everywhere in society and has been probably since we evolved the ability to experience gender. The fact they know about it now is new, and that scares them.

10 Likes

computer rage GIF

Apparently, because a couple of medical payers (institutions) require transphobic fields (“sex assigned at birth”) in their reimbursement systems, companies that develop systems for patient records have to include them in their software or users won’t be reimbursed by those payers. MFers!

7 Likes
7 Likes

The email, sent to party members, prompted criticism from several local Republican politicians, including Valdamar Archuleta. Archuleta, a gay man running to be the Republican candidate for U.S. Congress in Denver, has rejected the endorsement he earned from the state party just one day prior.

Another person MAGAts want dead, who is running as a Republican. I cannot understand the hubris. Also, GQP=Asshole, but that was already known.

game of thrones khaleesi GIF

10 Likes

A Forgotten Athlete, a Nazi Official, and the Origins of Sex Testing at the Olympics

In 1936, the Czech track star Zdeněk Koubek became world-famous after undergoing surgery so that he could live openly as a man.

8 Likes
8 Likes
11 Likes

Fuuuck these guys. They are a plague on the face of the earth and a pimple on the asshole of pediatrics. Sadly, they have succeeded in giving cover of pseudorespectability to a whole slew of other assholes out there. I hate them lots.

12 Likes

There are twelve candidates standing for election in my constituency. Eight of them want to strip me of my rights.

I hate TERF Island.

13 Likes

Julia Serano just posted a great article on the GC/TERF movement.

11 Likes
8 Likes
11 Likes

Lovely. We banned you from our organization, so you have no standing to sue since you’re not a member. That’s some real bullshit right there.

10 Likes

Yeah that’s some bullshit circular reasoning that enabled them to avoid considering the case on its merits. Which tells me they weren’t confident of the strength of their arguments. It’s also rich for them to be claiming this as a win for women in sports since they won on a technicality that didn’t consider the merits of Thomas’s case one bit. A technicality that probably wouldn’t work in a court of law. They won because this was arbitration.

12 Likes
11 Likes
11 Likes

I just looked at the Labour Party manifesto, and found this transphobic dogwhistle in there

Labour is proud of our Equality Act and the rights and protections it affords women; we will continue to support the implementation of its single-sex exceptions.

The GRA reform section is also vague, except for the bit where it says the gatekeepers will remain.

Segregation is alive on TERF Island

15 Likes

I am very serious when I say you convinced me that Labour does not deserve my vote, a lot of the other issues they have are problematic, but being shown where they are actually (extremely) harmful is something I was unaware of, and I am very grateful for the illumination.

9 Likes

Now that I have calmed down a bit I would say that voting for the individual, not the party is OK. That’s why I say no votes for transphobes, not no votes for Labour.

The only problem is that my MP is Anneliese Dodds, Shadow Secretary of State for Women and Equalities, and a TER. I can not bring myself to vote for her. She betrayed me and I will never forget that.

13 Likes

Revisiting a topic we covered earlier:

10 Likes