Today in transphobia (Part 2)

10 Likes
14 Likes

I hope he gets the book thrown at him. People like him have no place in medicine.

15 Likes

They’re definitely throwing the book at him.

If convicted, Haim faces up to 10 years in federal prison and a $250,000 maximum possible fine.

I just hope it actually hits him. He should also lose his medical license.

13 Likes

Now, the easy argument to make is “Of course, it’s Florida! What was she thinking?” I suspect she was thinking that her daughter was just another kid and should do just normal kid things, although it seems she was far more than ordinary!

Norton told the school board Tuesday that her daughter had been elected freshman and sophomore class president, was selected the student body’s director of philanthropy and was a homecoming princess. That all ended when the investigation began and the girl left Monarch.

And now she goes to school remotely. This is what they want, get them out of the schools. Make them suffer. Fucking ghouls.

13 Likes

It’s pretty ripe in any event.

Kaplan agreed with Rougeux. “If you’re deadnaming someone, you may well be harassing them on the basis of their sexual orientation.”

giphy

11 Likes

Tv Show Comedy GIF by HULU

9 Likes
11 Likes

Haim’s defense team argues that he acted as a whistleblower, fulfilling his duty as a mandatory reporter of child abuse.

In TX, this might actually work, since they have defined any support of transgender kids as “child abuse.” I don’t know if state laws will affect this, as it looks like it’s being prosecuted federally, but this being TX, who knows what plays out?

10 Likes
8 Likes

Ah I wish I could go see that, she deserves the ridicule.

8 Likes
13 Likes

So this bit of information dropped like a lead brick from online nerdland last night :rofl:

7 Likes

Lock him up. If only for that shitty wig he wears.

12 Likes

But at least the sex offender moustache is 100% real :joy:

10 Likes

This gets more stupid. Nickmercs (the guy the doc supported who used that anti trans dogwhistle) defended him saying the accusations aren’t true also attacked Mr, Beast’s trans friend.

7 Likes

Will crosspost to the SCOTUS thread…

12 Likes

OMFG. I am officially terrified. This could go sooo fucking badly, and given the current makeup of the court, i pretty much expect it will. Stupid fucking timeline!

13 Likes

Yeah, same. I am familiar with the case. I included in my advanced writing assignment on gender affirming care for youth last year in law school. It was inevitable that one of these cases was going to go to SCOTUS. I wouldn’t be surprised if they joined it with a couple of other cases from other states before this is over.

Depending on how broadly they want to rule, they could even go so far as to overturn Bostock v. Clayton County with this. Or…they could shock us all and make the right call. It’s so hard to predict with this Court right now.

11 Likes

What do you guys know of the Themis Resource fund? Are they trying to get the courts to ban transitioning?

2 Likes