Today in transphobia (Part 2)

And unless I’m mistaken, he didn’t consider trans men at all, right?

10 Likes

A similar condition could not exist in AFAB people in his view.

10 Likes

And yet it did. There absolutely were trans men when he did his “research”. Yet more evidence that his “research” was garbage.

10 Likes

My understanding was that their model had that the criteria applying to ciswomen wasn’t an issue because ciswomen are supposed to view themselves as women in a sexual context, and any issue with transmen can be explained away as “something something patriarchy.”

Which is to say, it was a huge circular exercise in begging the question and cherry-picking at every level.

(Transwomen are sexually aroused by thinking of themselves as women in a sexual context. Ciswomen are sexually aroused by thinking of themselves as women in a sexual context. Do you think “… because transwomen are women” might be worth exploring as a hypothesis to explain this data?)

7 Likes

That the condition of being aroused by thinking of their bodies as male was the overriding motive for transitioning.

His hypothesis is that autogynophilia is a paraphilia that exists in AMAB; a similar condition in AFAB doesn’t exist. That it’s a “erotic target disorder” and some of his followers call it a sexual orientation.

If it isn’t about eroticism in AMAB - it doesn’t exist. If memory serves.

Edit:

8 Likes

It’s weird how much bigots and TERs focus on trans women, and almost constantly ignore trans men…

This guy comes to mind…

8 Likes

He lived in Philly for a while. About 3 blocks away. I think I may be the only one to dig that up.

8 Likes

Ok, this bit alone makes this guy a bad ass.

There he worked as an engineer until losing his job for refusing to fire a woman who was suspected of being a communist

10 Likes

I have some of his publications around here somewhere.

10 Likes

As a kid and again as an adult, too? I like to teach about him in class, because, it puts trans men on the radar for students, and illustrates different kinds of activism that the LGBQT+ community engaged in over the years.

They’re online too!

8 Likes

Because to them, trans women are men and therefore dangerous, while trans men are women and not dangerous. Transitioning FTM makes sense to them because women are oppressed and they want to escape that by becoming men. Trans women, on the other hand, are choosing to become oppressed and the only reason to do that is to infiltrate women’s spaces to creep and assault women. Obviously.

It’s complete BS, but that is my understanding of the argument.

7 Likes

Dear Brianna, children will talk to their parents about that kind of thing IF they trust their parents.

If they don’t trust their parents, then there’s almost certainly good reason not to.

5 Likes

9 Likes
8 Likes
4 Likes

fight back against leftist extremists and cultural Marxists who are trying to undo strong cultural mores in society that are hijacking our civil rights movement

Yeah, it’s the LEFTISTS who are trying to turn back the clock on LGBQT+ rights… Sure… /s

Frustrated Miss Piggy GIF

“In 2016, when Donald Trump came to run this party, I never once worried that he would somehow use us politically,” Grenell said. “You’ll notice he doesn’t. He absolutely believes that we are part of the American society. And he thinks it’s really weird if you don’t.”

Idiot Reaction GIF

8 Likes

Consider, for a moment, how easy it is to isolate a target whose precarity is near-guaranteed. Whether we are vocal or silent about our true identities, whether we are scrabbling for hormones and desperately-needed healthcare or wasting away without them, whether we are actively taking steps to find community with those like us or never breathing a word about what we really are—even to ourselves—a trans woman is always dangling one foot out the door, hoping and praying that this time, she can step inside with both feet. Families frequently abandon and disown trans women, and just as frequently exercise more violent options. Exclusion from many economic opportunities and the twin threat of expensive care and inevitable impoverishment is ever-present. All of which pales in comparison to that singular quality which abusers covet over and above all else:

No one believes trans women.

8 Likes
10 Likes

I’ve been telling people this, and they don’t believe me. It’s the only reason I’ve been reluctant to move back to Missouri.

10 Likes

Tv Show Comedy GIF by HULU

I wish people listened to the ones who are the most vulnerable… of course, they were going to go after all trans people, and not just stop at kids. Trans folks are a huge threat to their worldview (ideology, really) of gender binary.

10 Likes