Today in transphobia (Part 2)

A bunch of lawyers are about to get filthy rich haha

12 Likes

Please, please, please let there be some FAFO action here. I know that is probably a pipedream, but I am sticking with it anyway.

15 Likes
10 Likes

10 Likes

Importantly, and this concerns me, all nine Justices were unanimous in agreeing that the stay should be denied for those parts of the new rules that concern the redefinition of discrimination based on sex to include sexual orientation and gender identity. The dissenting Justices just thought that the rest of the new rules, that didn’t have anything to do with that, should have been allowed to go into effect.

ETA: This is the part of the dissent that makes it clear that their dissent is not to the sex and gender provisions:

JUSTICE SOTOMAYOR, with whom JUSTICE KAGAN, JUSTICE GORSUCH, and JUSTICE JACKSON join, dissenting in part from the denial of applications for stays. Respondents challenged a Department of Education rule implementing Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972. Respondents contend that the rule unlawfully redefines sex discrimination; that it violates students’ and employees’ rights to bodily privacy and safety; and that its definition of hostile environment harassment is inconsistent with the statute and violates the First Amendment. Every Member of the Court agrees respondents are entitled to interim relief as to three provisions of that Rule: 34 CFR §106.10 (2023) (defining sex discrimination), §106.31(a)(2) (prohibiting schools from preventing individuals from accessing certain sex-separated spaces consistent with their gender identity), and §106.2’s definition of hostile environment harassment. Respondents’ alleged injuries flow from those three provisions.

9 Likes
11 Likes

In a bombshell leak from @PinkNewsStaff on X, Pink News’ CEO Benjamin Cohen has been recorded signalling his intent to abandon the trans community to instead focus on being an “entertainment powerhouse”.

In the leaked recording Benjamin is captured stating “We have to be careful.” “It’s the role of others to change narratives”, going on to further say that covering transgender issues will cause them to lose advertisers.

14 Likes

Not covering transgender issues will, I believe, cause them to lose readers which will make their advertisers unhappy.

12 Likes

Do they still think they can control the fascists?

12 Likes
2 Likes

Scared shitless :laughing:

15 Likes

11 Likes

Just because you delete a tweet, that doesn’t mean that it magically never happened.

Tweetus Deletus!

sad harry potter GIF

13 Likes
12 Likes
12 Likes

Court orders can’t be used to change gender on Texas licenses, DPS email says

Because of course:

A source told KXAN the policy was a directive from the Texas governor’s office

10 Likes
9 Likes

Nah, bwitch;

The internet remembers, and so do servers.

9 Likes

If he has a heart attack- he’ll listen to a podiatrist.

10 Likes

JK is still silent. Nothing since August 7.

7 Likes