Today in transphobia (Part 1)

Is there any analysis available from trans groups?

9 Likes

I think @the_borderer already nailed it :confused:

11 Likes

Nothing that I have seen yet.

A friend was telling me that the TERs lost this far worse than we did, they put all this effort into removing our rights and only managed to maintain the status quo which they hated. Maybe she’s right, but it doesn’t stop this feeling like a gut punch.

11 Likes

Thanks. From what some friends have said it looks like under Boris the only options were regression and maintaining the existing protections. Given that - a bullet was dodged.

And that TER’s were now switching to attacking gay guys having children via surrogacy? I guess they need something to fundraise against.

7 Likes
9 Likes
11 Likes

Hey Kelly…

tumblr_o52h00WeR31tlb56zo1_500

Not like I was voting for her anyway, but still, this is just an extra horrible layer of horrible.

11 Likes

Wow, that’s pretty naked. I mean, I know anti-trans groups are misogynist, homophobe groups that are trying to use trans rights as a wedge issue to roll back rights for everyone. I just thought they’d avoid open anti-gay-man sentiments since it seems like gay conservatives are some of the people they are targeting with their propaganda.

16 Likes

The mask has slipped fully off.

12 Likes

It’s the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact for a new generation.

9 Likes

I guess knowing that everyone who is going to side with you is kind of truth-agnostic makes you pretty slack in your message discipline?

10 Likes

As a historian, I approve that comparison!

11 Likes

Depends on the audience you’re delivering the message too?

6 Likes

The effective opposition to the Tories right now appears to be… the Tory backbenches.

Edit:

11 Likes
9 Likes

From the Human Rights Campaign.

“Coney Barrett has demonstrated hostility toward LGBTQ rights in her words and rulings. She defended the Supreme Court’s dissenters on the landmark marriage equality case of Obergefell v. Hodges,questioning the role of the court in deciding the case. She said Title IX protections do not extend to transgender Americans, claiming it’s a “strain on the text” to reach that interpretation. She misgendered transgender people, referring to a transgender women as “physiological males,” while casting doubt on transgender rights. Coney Barrett has also consistently demonstrated opposition to reproductive rights, calling Roe v. Wade an “erroneous decision.” She also refused to rehear a racial segregation case, raising significant concerns about her approach to Civil Rights law.“

10 Likes
13 Likes
10 Likes

cillian-murphy-wat

11 Likes

They copying all the far-right talking points, aren’t they?

I’m surprised that none of them have tried the tankies “you haven’t read the theory” (meaning that we haven’t read TER theory).

9 Likes