Today's mass shootings

More guns, right, TX?

9 Likes

An elderly female had called 911 and police arrived at the residence where officers returned fire during the incident, Alexander said. The elderly female sustained non-life threatening injuries. A woman was found dead in the home and a man was found dead outside, Alexander said.

The suspected gunman was described as a white male with dark hair who was found dead of a self-inflicted gunshot wound and had a military style rifle handgun near him, police said. It is not yet known the relationship between the victims and the shooter.

I’m pretty certain we all know the relationship between the victims and the shooter. Ex-wife/girlfriend and her parents, her mom and brother, or else her mom and her new boyfriend.

11 Likes
5 Likes

Because, of course

Also:

20 Likes

Not mentioned in the article: Highland Park is heavily Jewish. Make of that what you will.

18 Likes

Angry Cartoon Network GIF

11 Likes

I watched that video of the fireworks animation over the breaking news and thought, “this can’t be real”, so I tried it…

10 Likes

From the CNN article:

The incident marks at least the 308th mass shooting in the US this year, according to data compiled by the Gun Violence Archive, a nonprofit tracking such incidents. The organization defines a mass shooting as involving four or more people shot, not including the shooter.

So, nearly 2 mass shootings a day?

Freedom!

15 Likes

Interview on the TV with the police chief, who is careful to caution people not to make claims of a mental health issue as it a disservice to those with true mental health concerns. Glad to see that.

20 Likes

Shooter still at large, last I heard.

Ugh, fucking hell.

13 Likes

Yes, so many of the surrounding suburbs have cancelled their parades and fireworks.

But hey at least we still have the second ammendment, right?

17 Likes

https://www.reddit.com/r/antiwork/comments/vrdzbw/my_boss_wants_to_fire_me_for_not_wanting_to_come/

I work in a restaurant about 10 minutes from the shooting that occurred today in Highland Park, Illinois. The shooter has yet to be apprehended. Because of this, I told my boss of 4 years I was not comfortable with coming in for my closing bartending shift until the shooter has been apprehended. My boss is essentially calling me a baby. The restaurant I work for is a chain, and my boss was at the Las Vegas location during the Mandalay Bay shooting. He’s essentially saying because he had to go through that, we now all have to. Gun violence has become so normalized in this country that my boss literally expects me to put my life on the line just to serve some tables. Happy Independence Day everyone…

21 Likes

Well then fuck off, boss.

Can’t be too hard to find a better job like that these days.

16 Likes

23 Likes

Boebert should be charged with felonious theft of oxygen and operating a body without a functioning brain.

13 Likes
15 Likes

Seems he is now in custody

20 Likes

Twin Peaks Ok GIF

12 Likes

The right wingers are desperately trying to pin this shitty SoundCloud rapper on the left on social media

15 Likes

Always…

tom cruise projector GIF

17 Likes