Today's mass shootings

The dull ache after the sharp nausea-inducing pain: There’s a video out of the crowd further “downstream” of the shooting. You can hear what sounds like a young male adolescent, excitedly yelling over and over again as he’s running with the fleeing crowd, “I can’t believe I recorded it! I can’t believe I recorded it!”

12 Likes

Nauseating as it is, everyone reacts differently to stressors in the moment. Some run away from danger, some run towards danger, some stand there frozen, some laugh, some cry. And adolescent minds aren’t fully formed. I guess whats most important is how he reflects on this moment later.

(I am not a psychoanalyst)

14 Likes

All I can say is this, and then I’m done on the subject.

“I can’t believe I recorded it!" also works when someone happens to record a rare triple play at a ballgame.

4 Likes

What? Not filled with 60 bullets?

Cbs Reaction GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

12 Likes

Yup

12 Likes

And a shooting in Philadelphia.

I can’t even keep track anymore.

12 Likes

This was right by the Art Museum.

There was also a shooting earlier today - two blocks from Independence Mall, where I was this morning. Road rage thing reports say. All the blocks around there were closed to traffic.

13 Likes

Moved (or about to)…

Maybe start that debate in its own topic. Please dont derail this one.

8 Likes

It’s only a matter of time before they redefine the number up, or start using more precise terms like “dekashooting”

3 Likes

Conservatives: Why did you think the shooter is one of ours?

Liberals: Um, because one of the victims is an elderly mexican man sitting in a walker

12 Likes
11 Likes

ETA:

17 Likes

Update on the Highland Park mass shooting. So far 7 are dead, and he managed to shoot over 70 rounds, as opposed to the 90 rounds police shot at (and into) a Black man. Which makes this murderer a much better shot than the police.

Angry Denzel Washington GIF

16 Likes
13 Likes

Great, how long before the wingnuts claim he was trans because he crossdressed to avoid detection? :roll_eyes:

18 Likes

LEO presser on this

12 Likes
15 Likes

I’m sure they’re already on it.

Tuesday Morning Reaction GIF by The Secret Life Of Pets

14 Likes

Well, good thing they emptied his cutlery drawer…/s

18 Likes