Today's mass shootings

Anthony Anderson Reaction GIF

10 Likes

I mean I thought so, but, I don’t think it’s going to happen. 27 literal innocent kids murdered coming up on a decade ago. 22 in Uvalde. 33 at virgnia tech. 15 at Columbine. And those are the ones that killed more than 15. And the gun changes? We’ve gone less restrictive almost universally in the entire US. Even blue states have gotten less restrictive as the body count increases, though not nearly as fast as red states.

When you see continuing trend lines, and no real willingness to change those trends from anyone who have the real power to change them, and this behavior continues over 30 years now and multiple administrations, congressional terms, and political races, at some point you have to accept that there’s just no intention to make it better. Now, if it were something like a kid’s book at school with two mommies, that you’ll get action on.

7 Likes

i hear you. and yet, that kid above now has zero parents :confused:

people isolate themselves into “it can’t happen in my backyard”, or “mass shootings are only this one kind of thing, so i’m safe” - at some point i think people have to begin to realize they’re at risk too. that we all are

oto: covid and horse paste. but i have to hope. i don’t know what else to do.

8 Likes

Not quite my back yard, but one of my coworkers was there in Highland park with his family (they’re fine).

My wife has a coworker who was there at the parade. He and his family were by the reviewing stand when the shots started (they’re fine, physically). This guy was also a survivor of the Northern Illinois University shooting in 2008.

We’ve run out of places where “it couldn’t happen here”

Edited for copius typos

16 Likes

My dad lives in Rogers Park. :grimacing:

7 Likes

I live in Evanston. Over the weekend close to 300 people were killed in shootings across the country. Close to 1,000 were injured.
This what American freedom looks like now. Some shining city on hill we have.

8 Likes

It’s not going to happen because some horrific tragedy brings people around, apparently. But I hope it might as children subjected to this needless terror become adults with some actual say, especially if it keeps being politically tied to so many other things that are needlessly horrible.

9 Likes

I mean they already are. At this point, the kids who came through columbine and witnessed columbine are the ones who are having kids now. And the kids who started doing shooter drills 15 years ago are the ones doing the murdering now.

1 Like

There’s always hope. To turn away from hope is as bad, maybe worse, than the selfish greedpigs who profit from this. Both are selfish and destructive.

8 Likes
11 Likes

It’s actually up to 7 now.

12 Likes

So Tucker has apparently found the real reason that all these men keep committing mass shootings and it turns out that it’s actually because the women have been nagging them so much.

Leave it to the party of personal responsibility to shift all the blame for mass shootings onto the gender that isn’t actually committing any of them.

19 Likes

If he’s so angry all the time - he must be really whipped at home. /s

13 Likes

Thing is, most of us have been within spitting distance of one of these at this point. The Bridgewater College shooting was almost literally in my backyard, and my wife’s alma mater and former workplace, and way too many have similar experiences. It has become pretty much normalized. If it doesn’t involve huge death tolls now, it hardly makes the news. And, frighteningly enough, that makes the assholes who want to get their 15 minutes determined to rack up those numbers so they will be known. Gotta wonder if this guy was thinking of the Las Vegas shooter. I don’t know what has to change anymore, but I am certain that there is no hope for “surely this one is so totally horrifying that it will bring us back to sanity.”

14 Likes

Officers seized two assault rifles, a handgun and hundreds of rounds of ammunition from a residence where the firearms and “related material” were in plain view,

14 Likes

Robbe Elementary mass shooting in Uvalde: officer asked permission to shoot murderer when he was approaching the school. Officer’s supervisor either didn’t respond or didn’t respond in time. The officer let a man carrying a military style rifle, occasionally shooting it, walk into a school because he was afraid some bullets might hit children through the building. He was right there and didn’t shoot!

SRO drive so fast through the parking lot he didn’t see the shooter. Again, before the murderer was in the school.

11 Likes

Highland Park shooting suspect "Bobby” E. Crimo III Discord server raises moderation questions for app

8 Likes

Reminds me of Full Force Frank:

6 Likes

Back to the good ol blame video games that are also available in countries that don’t have mass shootings almost everyday

9 Likes

That’s the first time in decades I’ve heard the name of that played-out charlatan.

6 Likes