Today's mass shootings

Of course.

(Gift article, link should work,)

9 Likes

Last year, Texas had the most mass killings by gun of any state, with six. This year it has had three.

What a shithole state. Put crime scene tape around it and stay the eff away.

3 Likes

I get the frustration, but even if it were possible, this isn’t the best solution. There are lots of people in the state who aren’t right-wingers. They are decent hard-working folks who hate the situation as much (and because of their own realities) maybe more than you do. Walling them off doesn’t do anything to solve the problem.

ETA: tyop

11 Likes

No it does not but decent people have no longer a voice in the matter. Their votes have been gerrymandered out of existence. Time to cut Texas off at the truck nuts. Boycott airlines who service the state, companies who set up shop there, etc… Money is the ONLY thing that will change things.

Fuck 'em.

2 Likes

That’s gonna be tricky.

3 Likes

I fucking hate these effing fascist gun fetish people in control of Texas sooo much.

frustrated-strangle

desperate-crying

2 Likes

Absolutely understandable.

Not that this solves anything, but situations like this call to mind, for me, Kobayashi Issa’s haiku “The World of Dew.” You’ve probably seen it.

This world of dew
is a world of dew,
and yet, and yet.

The poem comes from a place of tremendous suffering for Issa, having recently lost a child. I always further translate the haiku as

I know ‘all thing must pass’, but
Fuck this shit

Fuck. This. Shit.

7 Likes

White supremacist? Not according to Marge.

9 people were murdered yesterday in Allen, TX by this man who appears Hispanic with what looks like a gang tattoo on his hand.

The shooting occurred at a gun free zone outlet mall.

3 Likes

8 Likes

worth remembering being hispanic and being a white supremacist are not mutually exclusive. one is an ethnicity, the other an ideology.

really anyone can support white supremacy. just ask clarence thomas

11 Likes
4 Likes

Well that solves that problem

4 Likes

I seem to remember a commandment along the lines of “thou shalt not kill”. What was Jesus’ everyday carry?

11 Likes

Nailgun.

11 Likes

A sack for pulling out lunch for everybody? Hahaha

(For me personally it’s only a flashlight and a wallet multitool for when I go out of the house)

6 Likes

He also says this…

Like a hornet’s nest, everyone comes together. And go ahead and tag the guy. Enough people coming together at once will take out that armed gunman.

We can’t even come together to wear masks to defeat an unarmed virus but he thinks people will come together to defeat a gunman with an assault rifle?

6 Likes

There is no bingo card for the number of logical fallacies Alex Coker makes in his statement but…

As long as murderers with guns–including mass shooters–continue to have unrestricted access to assault weapons, as long as lawmakers stay bought by the NRA, as long as various media continue to ratchet up hate and fear, U.S.ians will continue to live with the bs.

10 Likes

“What are you doing sitting around? Get to triaging kids!”

10 Likes

Love And Listings Ajani GIF by VH1

8 Likes

Then forgive me.

Schitts Creek Omg GIF by CBC

8 Likes