Today's mass shootings

Good for water or wine:

8 Likes

Another moran, Rachel Campos-Duffy, on Fox News weighs in. She thinks everything should be on the table, everything except the guns of course.

“I think we ought to look at the issue of fatherlessness. We also ought to look at weed,” she continued. “We know that cannabis increases psychosis by five times. So I think everything should be on the table, including what you say, you know, maybe improving background checks. But thank God there was a guy with a gun there to take this guy down.”

3 Likes

Woah. It is very unlikely to pass the tx house or senate but getting out of committee is a huge crack in the wall

14 Likes

Holy shit! That’s just a racist dogwhistle greatest hits!

5 Likes

Well, I suppose they just can’t stop the utterly ridiculous lies over at Faux…Always some money-hungry, ethics-free person for sale somewhere. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

5 Likes
6 Likes

Not a mass shooting, but I have to wonder, do we need a medical center shooting thread? What the hell???

4 Likes

Want? No.
Need? I hope not, but it’s looking that way.

4 Likes
5 Likes
5 Likes

multiple different incidents. still notable i think

1 Like
2 Likes

they must take courses in how to be reassuring:

“The suspect’s identity is unknown and there are no other known threats at this time,” according to a police statement.

5 Likes

Came across this and had to share. Nathan Rabin is one of my favorite quirky movie bloggers/authors. This was an entirely different and personal tone. A sledgehammer blow from the site which is a frequent go-to for lighthearted stuff.

"Amy’s death has hit me hard because it’s so senseless and wrong. My brain cannot make sense of it because it is fundamentally senseless. There’s no reason at all that Amy should be gone forever because our country cares more about guns than it does about the people killed by them. "

4 Likes

Here’s something I never thought about.

11 Likes

Taxes vs guns… Would that work?

9 Likes

American conservatives aren’t against taxes - they support massive military and police spending. They just don’t want taxes to help anyone but wealthy White men.

9 Likes

So… rich old white dudes could shoot people on expenses?

7 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if a mass shooter tried to expense ammunition. :sleepy:

7 Likes
5 Likes