Today's mass shootings

Thanks, I hate it. This a-hole should live out the next 30-45 years in Supermax, not get the easy way out. I would willingly pay more taxes to eliminate the death penalty on the Federal level. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

10 Likes

I think you’d pay less taxes. After all the appeals and such, a life sentence is cheaper.

5 Likes

I haven’t done the monetary research on this in probably a decade, but yeah, there are fewer avenues of appeals for life sentences. :woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

Police were calling owner to shut down party when gunfire killed 1, wounded 17, chief says | AP News

2 Likes

Not exactly on topic, but hey…

Jimmy Fallon Happy Dance GIF

9 Likes

Here we go again. How has this been quiet for (checks) almost 2 weeks?

4 Likes

It’s not for lack of shootings. Probably just fatigue on our part. :sleepy:

8 Likes

Not a mass shooting, but hundreds of shots have been exchanged between police/SWAT and someone barricaded in their house. Sheriff had come to serve an eviction this morning and the person went berserk.

ETA (14:20 EDT): local news says they’ve been informed by law enforcement that the 63 year old man considers himself a “sovereign citizen”

7 Likes
5 Likes

One of those few rotten apples, huh?

7 Likes

IMG_0495

16 Likes
3 Likes
4 Likes

alan rickman table flip GIF

3 Likes

“He hated black people,” Sheriff T.K. Waters told a news conference. “There is absolutely no evidence the shooter is part of any larger group.”

jfc.

you’d think that the swastika armbands might have tipped them off to the idea that the shooter felt he was part of a larger group. or you know, the resurgence of white nationalism. or - you know - history.

nothing to worry about at all :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

5 Likes

dc73eccf1b7c1c31b1cf4f43f5ec002a

9 Likes

KFOR) – Police in Oklahoma have confirmed the death of a 16-year-old after a shooting at a high school football game on Friday night.

Three others have been treated for injuries, according to officials.

2 Likes
3 Likes
15 Likes

That’s really what needs to happen in media reporting, instead of photos of and a life story about the killer: the terror everyone felt, plain and simple.

14 Likes