Toilet for folks who consume golf balls or pounds of McNuggets

We have GFCIs in bathroom and some kitchen outlets. Also, since we have so many low-power devices around nowadays, it’s pretty common to run almost everything off of power strips, which have a breaker built in.

I have no plans to visit Perfidious Albion, and now I have one less reason to.

3 Likes

Just by itself, Real Beer is worth the trip to the Land of Hope and Glory. (But seriously, only B & Bs with American style plumbing.)

Although I have a Canadian toilet myself.

Surely a good fan is more critical.

1 Like

I’ve got a rental reservation on one of these.

3 Likes

Will yours say “THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!!”?

1 Like

Hell yes.

1 Like

What you want is a toilet that can flush a half pound of peanut butter without a problem, not a bunch of dry things of fairly good size.

Don’t you own a stillsuit?

1 Like

Intentional?

2 Likes

It depends on how many Fiber One bars I had that day…

But no not really, that’s what happens when you work third shift and be posting in the morning after being awake 20 hours…

3 Likes

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.

I hate myself.

4 Likes

I was going to say that after moving to Japan, I realized how shitty (I had to!) American toilets are. I’ve had plenty of experience unclogging toilets in the US, but I’ve never had one toilet clog in the 5 or so years I’ve been in Japan. Heated seats are great, too.

1 Like

Even the flush volume isn’t a guarantee.

My (admittedly fairly random) experience in France is that a) low-flush toilets are not that common (though dual-flush toilets are), but b) even though many of them are high-volume flush, they do a terrible job of removing all, um, debris, frequently requiring a second flush. This has been true in both of the apartments I’ve lived in here, as well as places I’ve stayed and visited.

My experience in Italy (almost exclusively low-budget airbnbs) is that the situation is often even worse than France–in that no amount of repeated flushing can remove even fairly modest, uh, productions. For these (fortunately temporary) situations, I’ve found it can be useful to keep a mixing bowl or similar in the washroom to fill with water in order to assist the flush…

1 Like

So - proper disposal: yes or no?

4 Likes

This reminds me of one of my favorite allegories which is from in Alan Sherman’s The Rape of the APE. He decides to make a commandment that Thou Shalt Not stuff 47 tennis balls in the toilet. The stonecutter doesn’t want to print this up- “it would result in every average person in America having 47 tennis balls in their toilet.” Not the sinners; they’ll have 48, and the hopelessly degenerate 49. But “Thank heaven though for the god-fearing people, because they will all only have 46. Because some humans are good and some are evil, but we’re all of us perverse. That’s why I can’t print your commandment- because if I do, within two weeks there won’t be a place to shit in the entire western hemisphere”

Until this toilet.

3 Likes

You aren’t trying hard enough.

1 Like

a.k.a. the Volcanic Island Poo, or sometimes even just a Hawaii Poo.

1 Like

Of course I look before I flush. How else would I be able to match it to the chart?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.