Toilet for folks who consume golf balls or pounds of McNuggets

The simpler solution is to not waste water by flushing if all you did is pee.

Now, what I want to see them try is a one-pound summer sausage.

1 Like

Pretty comfortably, thank you for asking :slight_smile:

1 Like

I believe the Ogilvey & Stiggs standard item for testing hotel toilets is live lobsters, not golf balls or mcnuggets.

1 Like

Exactly. What you need to know is the 1st gen of American low flow toilets sucked. They had no idea how to do it, and just used less water in an old design. It the same way the late 70’s GM diesels sucked, they thought they could just run diesel in a slightly modified gas engine. Newer 1.3 gal toilets like the inexpensive American Standard Cadet 3, of which I have installed over a dozen in my properties and in my home, simply never need a double flush. One thing that makes a vast difference is the flush port from the tank to the bowl is 3" rather than the traditional 2", that water MOVES!

4 Likes

And if you can eat 1.5 pounds of chicken nuggets in one sitting, my hat is off to you.

Is that where you keep the insulin?

THAT’s your definition of “old”?

/get off of my lawn

6 Likes

It’s the developmental age, not the gender.

1 Like

Depending on the circumstances, definitely. I’ve lived in a couple of situations where the ditty was:

“If it’s yellow, let it mellow; if it’s brown, flush it down.”

But can it flush 240 pounds of elemental mercury?

3 Likes

I can’t speak to McNugget consumption except that my nephews and I can eat many, many, many more of those than my nieces or daughter can.

But when it comes to bowl-cloggin’ poops, the preschoolers of both genders in my family can drop jaws. My wee niece Katie, who habitually excused herself midway through dinner to demurely drop a bowel-bomb, could literally make a pile that o’ertopped the waterline every evening without breaking a sweat.

I was in awe of her.

4 Likes

Since we just finished remodeling our bathroom, I’ve been checking out the new terlets. There’s some nifty technology out there these days! Heated bidet attachments, no-slam slow-closing seats (I bought those for all three of our toilets), even digital controls that allow you to order up a mini-flush for a pee, a regular flush for a modest payload, or the space-shuttle-full-evacuation-airlock mode for your more ambitious projects.

I really like the new one we bought after our contractor inadvertently got rid of the one he was supposed to keep. Flushes quickly and thoroughly. I think it might be a Kohler Cimarron, but I’ll look it up when I get home. Works great and is very comfortable, in my opinion. Has yet to clog.

What? We generally have circuit breakers, which are better than fuses. Older houses still have fuse panels, and any place with 3-phase (industrial lofts and the like) has a big fuse box before the breakers.

Oh, and we get 240V between hot legs, but residentially that’s usually only used for ovens, dryers, and water heaters.

2 Likes

Legally? No.

1 Like

Can it handle 1lb of mashed up dundee cake? :confused:

My parents got these on 2 out of 3 of their toilet bowls and it’s wonderful. I get used to it pretty quickly, which makes it awkward when i accidentally slam a toilet seat that doesn’t slowly lower

2 Likes

That’s what our two are. They were very reasonably priced (on sale) and do what is implied on the box.

I guess that must be true, though it wouldn’t bother me. But it does make me wonder: do any of you (or many or even most of you) habitually avoid glancing into the toilet bowl after launching your fleet? Or even just to make sure it flushes away properly? My wife, who isn’t that much of a coprophobe, never looks in the bowl afterward to inspect her handiwork, nor to ensure she hasn’t left skidmarks or other evidence behind. I always make sure to check I’m leaving the premises as pristine as I’ve found them at the very least, but I also look before I flush too, just in case there’s something… well, interesting to see. And I certainly don’t want to leave a clog behind; in those rare occasions when I’ve clogged, I always rectify (heh) the situation.

But anyway, poop doesn’t really bother me. If I encounter somebody else’s clogged bowlful, I cheerfully plunge it away without a care.

4 Likes

I shall now use this phrase with my own children. Thank you.

5 Likes

The fuse being referenced is the one in the wall outlet, not back at the mains box. We don’t have those here in the Colonies because our wiring is phat and our voltage sub-lethal. In Fair Avalon the wiring is stingy on the copper so they compensate for the low current carrying capacity by jacking up the voltage, and that makes it prudent to put a fuse at each outlet.

Related: In Old Blighty, always stay at the places that advertise “American Style Plumbing”. British plumbers seem to have been historically scornful of such trivial concerns as “gravity” and “flow”.

2 Likes

My pleasure! My family enjoys nothing more than a good visit to The Euphemism.

I’m teaching my son to say “I’m off to download a brown load!”

2 Likes