Tom Petty, RIP

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/10/02/tom-petty-rip.html

11 Likes

:crying_cat_face:

RIP

12 Likes

And just when we thought the day couldn’t get any crappier.

Another great one gone.

22 Likes

Damn. Damn. Damn.

12 Likes

An enormous loss. Wow, that REALLY sucks.

13 Likes

A heart can only take so much

8 Likes

Bummer. He was a great musician and song writer and cartoon voice actor.

8 Likes

AARRRRRRRGGHHHHGHGHGHH!” I write (because BB is grammar-checking me).

4 Likes

I’m just done with today. Possibly with this week, too.

16 Likes

We are all diminished by his loss. Rest in peace.

10 Likes

I had the pleasure of seeing him perform in June. It was an amazing concert. This is a bad, bad Monday.

8 Likes

Can’t even process…

In December, Petty told Rolling Stone that he thought this would be the group’s last tour together. He said, “It’s very likely we’ll keep playing, but will we take on 50 shows in one tour? I don’t think so. I’d be lying if I didn’t say I was thinking this might be the last big one. We’re all on the backside of our sixties. I have a granddaughter now I’d like to see as much as I can. I don’t want to spend my life on the road. This tour will take me away for four months. With a little kid, that’s a lot of time.”

12 Likes

Aw, man. My lame band played a couple Tom Petty covers, badly, back when I was a teen. He’ll be missed.

11 Likes

Damn.

RIP

4 Likes

Damn.

Thanks for sharing your music with us.

4 Likes

And of course!

15 Likes

Say it ain’t so.
I’m gonna crumple this week up and throw it in the crap drawer.

4 Likes

IMG_0611

15 Likes

R.I.P. dear Tom…

3 Likes

Man I need to look up that guy on Netflix who had a stand up special. Older guy with Netflix.

Anyway - as part of his bit on Trump and his supporters, he said something like, “Yeah, well I know he voted for him, but come on man, there has to be some common ground. Hey, I bet he likes Petty.”

“Well yeah, of course he likes Petty.”

4 Likes