Tom Petty, RIP

I think that’s the thing–who DIDN’T like Tom Petty? Nobody who smoked that much weed could be all bad.

6 Likes

Are we sure he is dead?

1 Like

tom-petty-waves

7 Likes

6 Likes

My news reports say “No,” fortunately, but he is definitely unwell. :frowning:

Here is what Rolling Stone is saying nowish:

so, conflicting reports about whether they pulled him off life support or not.

4 Likes

Yeah, the news is confused, and none of it good. :wilted_flower:

5 Likes

A few hours ago they reported that he had been taken off life support after it was determined there was no brain activity. I’m guessing the Tweets from LAPD saying the information was “inadvertent” means they weren’t supposed to release confirmation yet, but it leaked.

2 Likes

I guess it depends on how you define “dead”. From what I can gather, he has not been declared dead but he is not expected to survive into the night. No brain function. Sad news.

I always liked Mary Jane’s Last Dance. I hope Kim Basinger steals Tom’s body from the morgue and treats it to a nice dinner date.

6 Likes

For fuck’s sake can we get this day over with, WTF!

16 Likes

CURRENT STATUS: Standing at the Gates of Hell, not backing down.

Good travels, Tom.

25 Likes

I don’t know how to feel
This hasn’t been my day
Seems like I’ve lost a wheel
You took my breath away

2 Likes

Tom Petty, Unplugged

2 Likes

I liked what Tom Petty I’ve heard, but I have a hardcore fan cousin who has got to be seriously bumming about this now.

I’m taking year. This entire year. Nazis and everything.

1 Like

Sometimes “classic” rock artists newer material never gets much play, but this song hooked me when it came out. Thanks for the tunes Mr. P.

3 Likes

Man, I’d forgotten about the “You Got Lucky” video – I remember thinking that was the most awesome video ever. I’m pretty sure that, at 13, I was right. I’m also pretty sure that, at 47, I’m still right.

8 Likes

Thanks Tom for all you gave us, solo and with other great musicians.

2 Likes

Tom Petty has died after suffering cardiac arrest The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed. Petty’s manager says he suffered cardiac arrest at his home in Malibu in the early hours in the morning and passed at 8:40 p.m after being taken to UCLA Medical Center.

Earlier in the day, Petty was found in his Malibu home in full cardiac arrest, not breathing. Authorities told THR they did respond to a Malibu home around 10:52 a.m. for a man who suffered a heart attack, but they could not confirm it was Petty.

Times in PDT. (The dateline on the story is currently a bit messed up “12:26 PM PDT 10/2/2017”)

3 Likes