TOM THE DANCING BUG: A Patriotic Debate

[Permalink]

1 Like

If being obsessed with talking about football inflation were a reason someone didnā€™t have a job thereā€™d be a lot of ESPN commentators collecting unemployment checks.

Obligatory:

Also - go Hawks!!! 12th Man!!!

11 Likes

Itā€™s my belief that Inflationgate is getting so much air time simply because the talking heads get to giggle to themselves every time they mention ā€œinflated ballsā€

3 Likes

But we canā€™t disqualify the Patriots and hold a new AFC Championship game between the Colts and Ravens . . . it would delay the Super Bowl a couple weeks, think of the effect on the economy!

i canā€™t believe i was just duped into reading a sports comic. iā€™m so gullible. /facepalm

9 Likes

Didnā€™t see that one coming! And is it just me, or does it look like Paul Krugman has lost a little weight? If so, we are definitely in a deflationary spiral. I expect the Fed to act accordingly, wrongly and ineffectually. As usual.

2 Likes

I was on an hour layover at the airport. The airport terminal gate is now become the ONLY place I ever encounter CNN these days. They dedicated a full hour to Deflate Gate. Ah, now I remember why I stopped watching cable news 15 years ago.
But seriously folks. GO SEAHAWKS!!! Beast Mode Shall Not Be Stopped! Tom Bradyā€™s grandma wears combat boots.

1 Like

I have allotted my daily dose of outrage to the fact that ā€œdeflategateā€ made it into my ā€œDomesticā€ newsfeed, instead of staying firmly in the ā€œStupid Fucking Nonsenseā€ category where it belongs. The one upside being that Bill Nye shot down the Patriotsā€™ coach attempt at science.

Other than that, I like The Onionā€™s take on things:

5 Likes

Paul Krugman? I thought that was supposed to be Robert Reich!

Twin sons of different mothers. Or maybe ya seen one elbow patch jacket economist, ya seen em all.

I still <3 Paul for his Ayn Rand quote (and the paper on interstellar trading economics - I bet Charlie Stross <3s that paper too)

1 Like

All these economists look alike to meā€¦

1 Like

That economist-ist!

1 Like

Wonā€™t someone think of the economists!?!

1 Like

Thatā€™s why I like TtDB so much. You seldom do.

Bob? Dudeā€™s a fake, just look at his elbows!

1 Like

On the contrary, thatā€™s two more weeks to sell more potato chips, beer, and Laz-E-Boys!

I wish that pictures for sad children hadnā€™t imploded. They had the best sports commentary comic of all time.

1 Like

What, no patches? :smile:

1 Like