Top 5 Biscuits

That’s British only in the sense it’s practically Churchillian.

5 Likes

8 Likes

I loved the link. Perfectly okay to take tea sans milk.
BUT, if you want milk in your tea, may I suggest ---- milk in first, but about a quarter of what you would think necessary - enough to just about cover the bottom of your cup/mug. Don’t leave bag in too long, presto, freshest tea ever.

To all those purists who insist on loose leaves and teapots I say, that’s the quickest way to stew tea. Yuk.

I know, I’m a heathen. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Walking Glancing GIF

The thought of dunking things like the Pink Wafer into tea just gives me the willies and not in a good way.

6 Likes

In some unaccountable lapse in judgement, the tribunal doesn’t count dunkability as a factor in drawing the line between cake and biscuit.

Now, I’m not saying that shows that tribunal judges are godless heretics who dunk anything in their tea or even (hushed whisper) don’t even drink tea, but I’ve never heard them deny it.

6 Likes

You don’t think these would add yummy flavour to the tea?

7 Likes

Wafers are great but in general they go better with coffee rather than tea. And if you want the pinnacle of that, you want to go Swiss rather than Austrian Austro-Italian.

7 Likes

These Greek ones
Baseler Leckerli, a perfect biscuit as they hold up well to dunking and are great even stale.
Alas, finding the good ones in the states is impossible and I have to wait for Swiss friends to take pity and send me some.
A nice digestive biscuit, Mc Vities is my go to option.
Gingersnaps.
And I would veer dangerously off course with my next fav, a mini croissant with cocoa cream filling, which isn’t even any kind of a biscuit at all.
Do we have no one from India willing to give a shout out to the Parle-G? Why Parle-G Is The Best Biscuit In The World | @Vir Das Stand-Up Comedy | Netflix India - YouTube

3 Likes

Loacker wafers are Italian.
Well, Alto Adige. And they do have a factory in Tirolo Orientale with a nice cafè and store.
But still.

6 Likes

Who makes those little square ones in a single packet, filled with hazelnut and chocolate spread?
I had some on a trip on the Rhine once and they were amazing. Over 30 years ago and I still remember them :thinking:

7 Likes

or

?

Both tasty.
There are no-name knockoffs (or repackaged store brand versions) as well.

13 Likes

Oh, those look yum. I love hazelnut chocolate spread

6 Likes

Top ones, I think, as they were one filling not multi-layered. Thanks :grin:

“I was somewhere outside of Boppard when the biscuits kicked in…”

They were really good.

11 Likes

“Es war in Königswinter - nicht davor, und nicht dahinter.”

(Possibly from a song sung during carnival seasion.)

8 Likes

Uh oh…

Screenshot_20220415-133853_Reddit

9 Likes

Thanks for the heads-up. I’d always thought they were Austrian. Probably confusion with the Manner of it all.

9 Likes

Yup. There be dragons.

(Been there, slayed the beast, swam in its blood, got the t-shirt… well, not really. It is one of the standard destinations for middle school outings around here, though.)

6 Likes

Well, Vienna has some of the best confectionery and patisserie and cakes and whatnot known to mankind.

7 Likes

“Mit Schlagshane!”

In Vienna? Schlagobers, bitteschön.
(Or just Schlag.)

3 Likes