Top Trump officials says U.S. under information warfare attack now, Russia wants to 'weaken,' 'divide' ahead of midterms

Don’t worry, infosmores will get there. What we have here is a veritable declaration of war by the Deep State against our democratically elected president!

“Our forces are well-trained, ready and very capable. I have complete confidence in the forces under my command,” he added."

He’s not the commander in chief! Treason! /s /daydrinking

3 Likes

You could be right. My take is that Trump is saying one thing to his low-information voter base. His people are saying something else to mollify the smart Republicans who know Trump is full of crap. The non-Trumpers can now say, “Yes, Trump is extreme, but we will still support his administration because those other people are telling the truth.” The problem with that, of course, is that Trump is more and more likely to ignore his advisors and do stupid stuff all on his own.

And then, what you say will probably happen.

5 Likes

13 Likes

Hopefully 2018 will be a trial run of how they react when they’re pushed back.

Sadly, I think there will be a number of nutters enacting their Last Man Against Armageddon showdown scenarios with weapons.

Egged on by Trump, of course. Unlike any sane politician, he has no interest in preserving faith in the American electoral system. His first tweet would be something like: “Rigged elections! Illegal voters! BIG CHEAT!” and then the fathead would be in the fire.

4 Likes

Related. I’m sure Trump will get right on this if it’s enacted. Just like the last one.

4 Likes

Those synchophants I.e. The, CIA, NSA, and FBI are our only hope in impeaching and criminally charging this moron. We also need to go to paper ballots and open primaries to make it increasingly difficult to ever pull this type of stunt again. Our political system should not be Oceans 11.

3 Likes

This shit is making me wish I could afford to quit my day job just so I could take up daydrinking to deal with this shit.

6 Likes

It’s worse than almost anyone acknowledges – the Russians have sent their top agent to sabotage the U.S. from within.

1 Like

I’m actively planning moving to Canada. Give that a shot eh?

1 Like

If he uses Facebook, he’s already getting past the great firewall. I suspect most US ex-pats make use of VPNs.

2 Likes

Seeing all the intel chiefs on stage say one thing, and knowing the President – who wasn’t there? – believes another was weird.

The president does not believe something different. He knows Russia is tampering with our elections. As the primary beneficiary of said tampering, he is lying to cover it up. As is a large portion of the Republican Party, who are of course also benefitting from Russian tampering.

14 posts were split to a new topic: Russian skepticism

What happens when no one trusts any US election results?

2 Likes

The Director of National Intelligence doesn’t know what the Commander in Chief got up to with a foreign ruler? Deary me.

2 Likes
5 Likes

Who in this photograph do you trust to accomplish that task?

presser

2 Likes

Except in this movie we ROOT for SteppenWolf to win!

I bet this would do better at the box office than JL too.

2 Likes

In that I’ve seen no evidence presented to this effect. I did read about the trolley factory in Saint Petersburg, of course, but that’s a rather old story & its effect seemed to be doubtful.

I feel that you know quite well that the now, with its move, greatly expanded Trollfactory is current, not a story, and that y’all are surprisingly effective.

I’m thrilled people aren’t treating it as an act of war by the planet’s other major nuclear power. I’d rather avoid anything that dramatically increases the need for phrases like collapse of civilization.