Top Trump officials says U.S. under information warfare attack now, Russia wants to 'weaken,' 'divide' ahead of midterms

I’m a coding geek, but not very knowledgeable about security, firewalls and VPN’s, AND I don’t know how cuz accesses Facebook. Cuz is my age and NOT a coding geek. I’m not sure how savvy he is since we’ve not been in touch for decades.

Regardless of cuz and his internet access methods, I think there’s good reason to examine what the Chinese might be trying to do.

2 Likes

Oh, I’m not dismissing your concerns about China. Just saying that anyone in China for the relative long term can’t blame their ignorance (about whatever) on the great firewall. 1) VPNs still work to bypass it. There are constant news stories about how this is not (or soon will not be) the case, but for now, they work. 2) Even if you don’t have a VPN, you can still often access English language news. Lots of English language news websites slip through the cracks and aren’t blocked at all.

2 Likes

Mind you, if the Russians wanted to hack Georgia’s paperless and totally open voting system, that Brian Kemp was responsible for, they’d have to get in line.

6 Likes

It’s not only the US.

4 Likes

Do you trust them more or less than Trump?

There an another foreign twitter troll I am more concerned about.

Maybe we should deal with the obvious one, first.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.