"Total Eclipse of the Heart" is about vampires

Originally published at: "Total Eclipse of the Heart" is about vampires | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Just gonna put this here:

27 Likes

is about vampires

200-1 3

15 Likes

Ghod. I hate Hate HATE this song.

You have to question anyone who calls a rapist like Roman Polanski a “great guy.”

13 Likes
19 Likes

I never knew that.

11 Likes

Classic version:

14 Likes

Steinman seems to have been swapped for Steinway in a few places. FYI @thomdunn

4 Likes

12 Likes

If we all turn on the lights will the song burst into flames and disappear into thin air? Asking for a friend.

8 Likes

19 Likes

That song always makes me think of this scene:

3 Likes

Ya know, if you can just embrace the stupidity and absurdity, it is a pretty great song.

9 Likes

I’m so curious; what’s this from?

4 Likes

Maybe I’m particularly off, but when she sang “I’ll pose like Rocky tonight” at 2:07 my mind went to Rocky Horror, then eventually tracked back to Sylvester Stallone.

9 Likes

Hm, makes me like the song a bit more, though at the end the implication that it’s a student-teacher thing is kinda creepy.

4 Likes

“Forgetting Sarah Marshall.” One of the characters writes a muppet vampire musical.

19 Likes

It gets weirder when you find out it was originally written with Meat Loaf in mind.

11 Likes

E8hhOfg

11 Likes

Wait, Meatloaf is a vampire? Wow, that sets Paradise By The Dashboard Light (also by Steinman!) in a new context - makes that promise to “love you to the end of time” much more of a bummer.

12 Likes