Total lunar eclipse Sunday January 20 will be 'Super Blood Wolf Moon'

That was cool! Moon looks like a 1950s Space movie prop right now.

Thank goodness for skylights because w wind chill it’s 5 degrees out.

1 Like

Just went out for a peek and the Seattle skies have cleared up and the moon is indeed quite red.

2 Likes

It was tiny and reddish and really cold outside.

1 Like

That was amazing. I’m lucky enough to live on the west coast where it wasn’t too cold and I didn’t need to stay up too late. In this photo, you can clearly see how much fun we were having.

1 Like

Oh, well. My carcass was not able to get up and watch this ‘mega’ event. The Felines and myself were simply sleeping through it. Although Buenos Aires is only some 200 km away from here.

My Mom told me once to never wake up a sleeping person - unless their lives would be at danger. I keep with that, including myself and of course the Felines.

3 Likes

Over here it was around 0600, and I was able to watch a bit of it at home and waiting at the bus stop. Nice!

3 Likes

This is what we could see from Southern California. The Moon looked 3-D, not just its usual flat. Once the eclipse was total, it looked like a really close Mars clone. Beautiful.

4 Likes

9:07 PM in Vancouver:

7 Likes

Thanks; it was raining and overcast where I live, so we couldn’t see anything.

2 Likes

Missed the eclipse. But the Universe just put out a gigantic space orange. So, no hard feelings.
On second thought, how cool would it be for the Chinese to paint the eye of Sauron onto the moon. Together with the space orange it would create a truly memorable moon rise.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.