Tough guy Brian Kemp thinks it's funny to point a gun at a teen in his Georgia governor campaign video

I’ve said it before, but I think of all the people on Boingboing, I am the most in favor of atlatls.

12 Likes

Can we nickname you The Peachy Three?

4 Likes

What about your twin brother atl?

4 Likes

http://www.wideopencountry.com/best-songs-dads-with-shotguns/
But I agree that the conservatives need to lighten up a little as well.

Protecting children and possessing guns are not mutually exclusive things.

Framing your argument as “either you agree with my politics, or you hate children” is not really a valid tactic. It is godwinesque.

And I strongly advocate, and have personally constructed atlatls. And blowguns.

• Patriarchy through no other justification but force,
  • Hierarchy through what? Ageism, seniority? I’m too believe you gots all the answers because you’re like 55? shit
  • Women are essentially property and/or props (to be neatly displayed at the end of the vid.)

My, my. look at the time, age of enlightenment already…
what an assmuffin that guy.

4 Likes

@ArchStanton thanks for proving my point beyond any doubt, keep up the winning.

10 Likes

God, I would love to have seen that. Every time I had to march in formation with weapons it made me nervous even though I knew none of them were loaded. Just having the guy on my right pointing that damn thing anywhere near my head felt wrong. I never got over it and understand people who have actually had to use weapons in a real-life context being triggered.

10 Likes

Roger That!

6 Likes

PS. Freudian slip? Maybe, maybe not.

4 Likes

But he has BALLS!!!

3 Likes

Yeah. Balls get people shot. That is why the army likes 'em young.

5 Likes

KeyThunderousAntelope-max-1mb

8 Likes

The Marines were friends of mine I go to the range with once or twice a year, Iraq veterans who take weapons seriously. They’d likely take a dim view of this “funny” commercial as well (and these are also guys with great senses of humour who love action movies).

7 Likes

Blowguns. An ancient weapon, which require specialized skills to properly manufacture and effectively use.
blowguns

tenor

2 Likes

So the NRA will support his opponent?

4 Likes

The only thing that will stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a vote.

22 Likes

If you forgot where this was, it was right when Luke surrendered to Vader. It was patrolling around the main shield generator station. It’s only on screen for a second or two.

Also, that was the best line in that movie.

5 Likes

I asked but he said he wanted to be no trouble atl.

5 Likes

I can only respect a girlfriend’s father if he can kill me without needing a gun.

5 Likes