"Tour Guide" Clyde thinks he's triggering Democrats by handing out assault rifle pins

Originally published at: "Tour Guide" Clyde thinks he's triggering Democrats by handing out assault rifle pins | Boing Boing

7 Likes

Someone should inform him that handing out tiny dick pins would send the same message.

32 Likes

Luckily, his jurisdiction is exemplary in everything, so it’s not like he should be spending his time improving healthcare access, education, or preventing crime. :roll_eyes:

These fucking performative assholes.

25 Likes

12 Likes

“In fact” he added, “it’s the same style AR-15 the Founding Fathers used.”

/s

23 Likes

Does anyone else remember when Rs were in a tizzy because someone didn’t wear a US flag lapel pin? Was it Obama, or some other Dem? Either way, it was ridiculous, but it does seem odd to me that the ones with the gun pins don’t also have US flags.

26 Likes

Well, at least for George Santos it make sense, since he invented the AR-15.

23 Likes

Does anybody else see them as resembling a cartoon crocodile or is that just me?

8 Likes

It’s called the “insurrectionary theory of the Second Amendment”, and naturally those waving the American flag will be on the wrong side

https://scholarship.law.duke.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=5203&context=faculty_scholarship

A few postcolonial states have AK47s in their flags. Why not an AR15 for the post American state?

9 Likes

Is there a law against members of congress soliciting business on the House floor? If not, there should be.

18 Likes

Ugh, what next. Surely an enterprising pin-maker is currently trying to figure out a design for one that looks like a gas stove.

18 Likes

When danger raised its ugly head, Rep Clyde bravely turned and fled!

22 Likes

Dems should start handing out GOP Track Team pins in honor of Clyde and Hawley.

17 Likes
9 Likes

Oh, yes, some of the 500m dash pins for those guys, and maybe something to do with “leaps of logic” for most of the rest of them.
Instead of shot put, it could be the “buck pass.”

6 Likes

I hope they collected on his fines before the session ended.

5 Likes

And why he will be requiring all citizens to serve in our well regulated militia!

4 Likes

Not that it’s that important, but I believe he’s saying “in Cannon”—i.e., his office in Washington is in Cannon HOB (House Office Building)

3 Likes

Since the “AR” in AR-xx stands for the company named ArmaLite, isn’t this, in essence, an advertisement for a product from a private business on a public servant?

9 Likes

Who, Republicans? Totally agree.

3 Likes